Strength daily conditioning routine?:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dear Chalk Bucket users,
I LOVE GYMNASTICS! and I'm one of those very naturally flexible gymnasts and even the most flexible in my whole gym. However, I see this as a disadvantage sometimes because the trade-off is that I'm not naturally as strong as a lot of other girls in my level:/ This makes bars especially difficult. I am lacking specifically in my arm and core strength(lower ab mostly). I'm thinking of starting a daily strength conditioning routine to hopefully change that. :)
Could anyone please please list some exercises I could for 10-20 minutes each day? I have a pull-up bar but I can't even do a pull up without jumping. I also have a stability ball I can use and a roller. Anything helps!!

If you aren't strong enough to do chin ups you need to start doing negatives. That is jumping up to the chin up and lowering down as slowly as possible. Just do all the conditioning you would normally do at the gym, at home (if you have the equipment). Don't go overboard. Do it a couple of times a week. Be consistent. Write down what you can do for each exercise and make mini goals you can achieve within a week or two, as well as some larger goals which could take months.

Hold on to your pull up bar with straight arms and straight legs. While staying straight, bring your toes up to the bar and then back down slowly. We call these leg lifts--they're great for bar conditioning.
Another one you can do..grab the bar with straight arms and put your legs in front of you in a straddle. Roll your hips up and try to hold this position for about 10 seconds or so. And repeat as many as you can.
Hope these help! :)

You may think it an odd idea, but I assure you it is one that works! Attatch a pulley to some stable overhead object high enough to allow you to do chin ups. Pass a rope through the pulley. Tie each end to a 21 inch long dowel/stick that is about the thickness of an un-even bar rail. The "rod" that your clothes hang from in you closet is pretty good for this......Wardrobe or Strength...What a dilemma. Use enough rope to allow you to to sit on one stick while you hold the other stick and pull with your hands to chin yourself.

This will cut your work load in half because as you pull on the stick/rope on one end, the rope is transfering you arm pull through the rope to the stick you are sitting on. If you want to do this have somebody "spot you" so you can get used to it as it possible to lose your balance and get into a pretty awkward position. If you apply this idea to other exercises you can easily max out on repititions and "GET PUMPED UP). Private massage me if you want more info on altering the set up.

Geez!!!! Am I supposed to be a walking dictionary AND a personal trainer, technician, AND a straight line for all of your gags too. Well, I guess it's the best gymnastics job I can get right now, so...........Go look at the history lesson I put up on the difference between level 7 & 8. I tried the best I could but couldn't remember a few details from my day care days. You should be ok since you were already old at the time the story refers to.

I will, *clap* "pump you up". [ austrian accent ]

pullups, leglifts, some sort of squat/lunge, pushups/dip/handstand pushup. presses and L/V hold work.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back