stressing out

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sally

Proud Parent
Just been informed today that my dd needs to do a control test for her comp coming up. I am not sure what this is, but she isn't ready for it. She has only just got her kip like less then a week ago so hasn't even done her bar routine yet. Her beam is nice and vault she says is good and floor is ok but has a little trouble with the front sault landing. So we need a miracle this weekend. I had my hopes that everything would be fine for 4 weeks but in 2 days not quite sure. She doesn't know yet so hopefully she won't stress out. I'll do the stressing for her lol.

Good luck to your dd :) Sometimes I think it can be more stressful for the people watching than it is for our younger little gymmies. My dd has entered several comps for which I felt she was nowhere near ready... yet each time she rose to the occasion beautifully and performed well. What it has taught me is to trust dd's coaches, if they feel she is ready, then most likely she is ready. I'm sure your dd's coaches must think that she is capable or else they wouldn't have entered her. Remember it is just one competition on one day... she will still be an awesome gymnast no matter how she goes and there will always be another day.

^^^^^
well said

And fingers crossed for your daughter Sally xxx

(remember - deep breaths - calm - relax - 'well done dd!' - ice cream)

Thanks for that. I did ring the coach and she said it is only a practise one before the main comp. And that she won't do bars in it as she isn't ready for it. So I am a little better now. I told my dd as she didn't know, and she is alright about it and that she said the other girls are not ready as well. So that makes me feel a little better lol. I am sure she will do fine and it will give her good experience as this will be her 2nd ever comp even if it is a mock one lol.

I think they almost always do better than we think. There's other pluses for the extra comp: she'll get an extra chance to show what she can do; if she does have any nerves she can shake most of them off on the comp that doesn't matter; she'll probably get encouraging feedback about how awesome she is; she'll have a benchmark of expectation for how she'll do that she'll inevitably beat at regionals that will build her confidence during the competition; the improvement from one to the next will give her an extra thing to be pleased with herself about after the fact ... :D
Best of luck to her!!

Yes, control test is a fancy name for a practice competition. Where they go through the full format like a real competition and are scored. The scores are used to help with the last few weeks of training leading up to the competition, to see which area's need the most attention.

Well I am feeling much better tonight. Her coach came out said she did beautiful routines tonight and stuck everything.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back