WAG Stretches for back walkover

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MMgym

Gymnast
So I am working on my back walkover, and I was wondering if anyone has good stretches you recommend for your back? I have heard from friends and the internet that bridges can be really bad for you, plus they make my lower back really sore, so I’m trying to not just do those. Also, (sorry for 2 questions in one post) but I often bail on the back bend part right as my hands are close to the ground. I mean that I go back instead of down and land on my shoulders. I thinks it’s just a fear of landing on my head that I have to get over, but does anyone know of any technique tips to prevent it?

Increasing back flexibility isn’t necessarily the key the improving your back walkovers. Having a very flexible back often is t a great thing. Instead you want to do stretches to improve your shoulder flexibility and your hip flexor flexibility.

Reactions: rd7
Increasing back flexibility isn’t necessarily the key the improving your back walkovers. Having a very flexible back often is t a great thing. Instead you want to do stretches to improve your shoulder flexibility and your hip flexor flexibility.
I’ve never heard that before…but I’m definitely willing to try!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back