Parents Struggling with a Round Off Backhandspring Back Tuck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi,
My daughter is struggling with connecting her round off backhandspring back tuck. She can do her round off triple backhandspring and a round off back tuck beautifully. Are there any tips or tricks?

What works to make it click for each gymnast is different. Is she confident with her jumping back tucks on trampoline? Until they are solid I wouldn’t have a gymnast do a round off flic tuck.

Number one priority would be to make sure she doesn’t try to do it or work any drills at home. That tends to slow the process a lot, a misstep or bad habit furled at home can create a lot more fear issues.

Time. Work the progression drills and eventually it will click. The connection between the BHS and the BT can take some girls months to get and others just get it near instantly.

I'd have to see a video to give any useful technical feedback.

I can, however, say this: 99% of RO-BHS-BT problems are with the RO and the BHS. If you come out of the BHS at a good angle with decent power, you can do pretty much everything wrong in the back tuck and still land it no problem.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back