sub novice passes and difficlulty level

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter will be doing competitive tumbling as a sub novice next year. She recently placed 4th at USTA Nationals as Advanced Beginner. My question is about the pass for a sub novice. The gym where she trains has all their sub novices do one pass with a roundoff and three back handsprings, and the second pass with roundoff two back handsprings. However, on difficulty level, this pass is scored as 0.6 and 0.8. What would the pass need to earn a 1.0 difficulty on both passes? What other skills are allowed in sub-novice? Whipback? Also, is there a site or something that lists each level and the pass requirements for each? Thank you for the info.!

I do USAG So I don't know much about the rules for USTA but Chalk Bucket does have a specific trampoline and tumbling forum where you might get more responses. And I actually think there is some USTA info on there. Good luck!

Congrats to your daughter! My DD also competes USTA. If you look at the National 2012 scores, I believe that is the highest difficulty for sub-novice. Those are the passes our club uses also. Whips aren't allowed at that level. If she throws one while competing she would mandate. Join us on the Trampoline & Tumbling page!

Roundoff 2 & roundoff 3 are pretty much what you're allowed in subnovice, unless the coach gets creative w.cartwheels & fronthandsprings. There is no 2.0 DD in subnovice.

Congrats to your daughter! My DD also competes USTA. If you look at the National 2012 scores, I believe that is the highest difficulty for sub-novice. Those are the passes our club uses also. Whips aren't allowed at that level. If she throws one while competing she would mandate. Join us on the Trampoline & Tumbling page!

Thanks for all this info. It helps a lot! I'll check out that page you referred me to!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back