Suckish Level 6 bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

it would help to know what you suck at in more detail.
Level 6 bars is a big leap imo from level 5. My dd did 3 seasons of 6 before her bars looked any good.

If isn't just the fear of really swinging into the baby giant and releasing the flyaway, most problems in L6 UB have to do with a lack of upper body and core strength. This will solve the clear hip issues unless they are afraid to really drop and shoot the free hip and cast higher than horizontal.

If isn't just the fear of really swinging into the baby giant and releasing the flyaway, most problems in L6 UB have to do with a lack of upper body and core strength. This will solve the clear hip issues unless they are afraid to really drop and shoot the free hip and cast higher than horizontal.

That is my problem besides the fact my arms bend on my kips I tap my toes on kips my free hip idk if you could even call it one, but on my baby giant I am afraid to cast higher cause I am afriad of A) mostly peeling off cause I am a bigger taller gymnast and B) my toes hitting the low bar. So I end up hitting a horrible cast and bending my knees, could use the help!!

Okay well like the other girls said "we need more detail on how you suck on it". If it's your form the ask your coaches for forming excersize's and I bet they could help a lot of course!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Or if you don't know what it is ask your coaches!!! That's the best advice I can give you!!!!!!!!

Best of luck on improving!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that I really have advice on is for tapping your toes. When we tap our toes, our coaches make us hand below the low bar with our legs piked or straddled (depending on how you kip out of your clear hip), and they are NOT allowed to touch the ground. Try holding this for about 10 seconds, then as you get stronger, you can increase the time. This really helped us have the leg strength to hold our legs up out of our clear hips and to not tap our feet. Good Luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back