Parents Sudafed and practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Would you give your kid Sudafed before practice? My daughter says she feels fine, just congested. Covid negative. Wants to go to practice. I think Sudafed would make her more comfortable but afraid it might be dangerous to take doing tricks. Thoughts?

Personally I try not to medicate, including painkillers, for training.

If you mask symptoms with drugs they could end up doing things the body isn’t well enough for.

I’d let her go, and if being congested means she feels she has to take it easy, so be it. Better than feeling ok and trying things she isn’t fit for and injuring.

General rule of thumb in this house is be guided by your body. Medication overrules that.

I had no problem giving mine sudafed before practices. It can make them a little antsy (extra energy) but nothing major. Antihistamines are a different story as they can make them sort of loopy which can affect balance and body awareness

Sudafed is fine, the only thing I would worry about would be possible vertigo being upside down. I don’t allow pain meds like Advil or Tylenol before practice because that could make kid ignore or exacerbate an injury, but sinuses can’t be harmed by exercise.

Probably a bit late for an answer but....if she has taken it before and felt fine I wouldnt be opposed to doing it before practice but if she has never taken sudafed before I wouldnt do it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back