WAG Suggestions Needed!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'd love some floor music suggestions, please! I want music from 1:10-1:30.

I'd don't have a super-specific type of music I want but I do have a few considerations.
  • I'll be 14 when I compete this routine, and I'm very mature and tall for my age, so nothing cutesy or Disney.
  • I'm not super flexible or powerful, but my coaches constantly compliment me on my toe point/lines.
  • I don't want a super upbeat/peppy routine or one with super current music (i.e. TikTok songs or the like)
  • I want it off of youtube unless it's the very best piece I find
Also, some music I've kinda liked are Genius by LSD (the beginning is very fast), A Million Dreams from The Greatest Showman (don't love love it), and Resolve by Nathan Lanier (super overused). One of my teammates has requiem for a dream and I like that a lot too.

Thanks so much!

If "you'll be 14 when you compete this routine": , I think you are below the minimum age for posting on Chalk Bucket.

You can find a lot on Spotify that is original. Try Black Violin and Lindsey Sterling. Cut the song at a good transition point and Voila, you've got unique floor music.

I have a teammate with a beautiful routine to A Million Dreams. If performed right, it really is a lovely choice.

Don't shy away from an upbeat song too much, though. It all depends on how you perform it.. You could choose to make the dance moves more "cutesy" if that's what you need, but you don't have to. Upbeat songs can look nice even on older/graceful gymnasts.

Giorgio by Moroder - Daft Punk
Space Ghost - Glass Animals
Peter Gunn - Art of Noise
Trip like I do - The Crystal Method

All need some cutting and editing but have some good beats. Otherwise some more traditional

Naughty- Matilda
You will be found - Dear Evan Hansen
You might have to search a bit from some orchestral versions but have good versions with music that builds to a big finish.

I'd love some floor music suggestions, please! I want music from 1:10-1:30.

I'd don't have a super-specific type of music I want but I do have a few considerations.
  • I'll be 14 when I compete this routine, and I'm very mature and tall for my age, so nothing cutesy or Disney.
  • I'm not super flexible or powerful, but my coaches constantly compliment me on my toe point/lines.
  • I don't want a super upbeat/peppy routine or one with super current music (i.e. TikTok songs or the like)
  • I want it off of youtube unless it's the very best piece I find
Also, some music I've kinda liked are Genius by LSD (the beginning is very fast), A Million Dreams from The Greatest Showman (don't love love it), and Resolve by Nathan Lanier (super overused). One of my teammates has requiem for a dream and I like that a lot too.

Thanks so much!
Being 14 doesn't mean you can't do a Disney routine. We have had 2 girls go all through high school with Disney music. They are both taller and very mature ... one of them cut together her music from her 7th grade - 11th grade to create her 12th grade music. Good luck with your search.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back