Summer and back to school

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Optionals United

Moderator/Gymnast
Coach
Gymnast
Ok there was already a concversation about this in the parent forum so I decided to give everyone a chance to talk about it.

So, when are you/dd going back to school, are you/dd in school already, or do you go to year round?Also what are most excited, scared,and sad about school starting again??

I start school on the 25 of August. On the 16,17,18 I am helping at 6th grade orenitation, because I am a WEB(welcome everbody)leader. Basically I show them around the school, play games, and answer any questions. Then I have to like show them class on the first day of school if they don't know where there going and at open house. Im most excited about seeing all my friends again,because Ive been in a shell this summer not able to go anywhere. Im scared that I'm going to get a ton of homework(8th grade), and I'm sad about summer ending and early mornings.

I have a grade 10 registration on the 27th of august, First day of high school. So i am really nervous about that! School actually starts on September 1st, where all grade 10s get a welcome to High school BBQ.

I am excited to get to see all my friends, but sad that i won't be with all my friends because some of them are going to different schools. I am excited to get off at 2 everyday so that i have time before gymnastics. But i don't want to get up early again!

We have registration this Thursday, the 12th, for 10th grade. Then the first day of school is the Thursday after that, the 19th of August. ugh. Then our first meet is around September 20th...

What is that like? You don't have a true summer break, but you have breaks throughout the year? I don't know if I'd like that!

So far it's the only thing she knows since she is just now going into first grade. But she does get a week break every month and they do kinda have a good summer break. Like this year their last day was June 29th and they start back on August 18th. So that's 6 weeks. The only thing is if we want to plan anything as a family we need to do it the month of July most likely since that is the main time she is out. We love it so far.

I'm homeschooled but I take some online classes which start on the 23rd, so that's when I'll start everything else. I'm going into 10th grade and I'm looking forward to school (except math:p) because I get really bored in the summer. I'm kinda nervous though because I'm taking AP Latin and I'm only a sophomore!

i start on september the 9th but over here in the uk we break up for summer holidays at the end of july so we get 6 weeks holiday and bad news is they want to make it 4/5 weeks :eek:

I start on a tuesday the second week into September. However due to a religious holiday I get that Thursday and Friday off as well. So I go back for two days, then get a 4 day weekend! Call me crazy, but I am very excited to be going back to school.

So far it's the only thing she knows since she is just now going into first grade. But she does get a week break every month and they do kinda have a good summer break. Like this year their last day was June 29th and they start back on August 18th. So that's 6 weeks. The only thing is if we want to plan anything as a family we need to do it the month of July most likely since that is the main time she is out. We love it so far.

Oh wow! Then I would love that!! You still get a long enough summer, plus a week off every month?! I wish my school did that!

I'm really excited/scared. I'm starting a new school, and it's an all-French language school, except for Core English. One of my best friends is coming though, so that's good. It's a really small school "population", only about 100 kids from grades primary to 12, but the school itself is HUGE. And it's right beside Wal-Mart which is a total plus :) Though math, I'm sure, will be difficult (again).

DD goes back on the 26 for that one day then doesn't go back again untill the following wed for 3 days then back after Laborday. What a waste of time on those days. Then never do anything but get books, fill out paper work and clean up the rooms to get ready for an actual class after labor day

I'm in Collage (yes I'm older than dirt but have gone back to school) and I start on the 30th

My DS starts his 1st year of college and goes back on the 29th for a week of orientation and worshops for Freshman then after labor day starts his classes. I will miss him as he is living on campus. Hoping he will still come home for the weekends.

I forgot to say that my brother and dad leave to drive to ny on saturday for his first year of college. It will be a long drive for them cause we live in region 1. I am going to miss him soooooooooo much!!!!!

I go back on the 30th, but since I'm in college I have been out since may 5. Not looking forward to going back but looking forward to being done

My kids go back to school on August 30th. DD wil be starting middle school (6th grade) so I am a little nervous about that. I am not too worried about the workload since she is a very organized responsible student, but the social aspect of middle school and the "girl drama" is what I am most worried about. My DS will be starting 3rd grade--he's still my baby!!

The gym practice schedule is still the same as last year--Tuesdays 4:30-8:30 and Saturdays 8:00am-2:00pm. But she will be adding some ballet a few evenings throughout the week, so she will be busy. She has 2 days a week to do nothing (I try to keep "do nothing chill days" in her week just so she has time to be a kid) for some down time.

I can't believe the summer is almost over :(!!

My gymmie goes back after Labor Day. She is starting 4th grade. She's super excited to be the oldest in the school (we have a central 5/6th, then middle school, then HS) this year! I get a break from the 5/6th school which is nice, it is a 7:30am start time. I have one going to Middle and another, a freshman in HS. Three different start times/end times drive me nuts all-yr round. We go back for one week and then the kids "cut" school 2 days because we go to the Fireman's convention. They sort of get a little mini vaca right when school starts & we love the Sept get away!

Just got her Fall schedule last week and not sure when it kicks in. I imagine the first week of September. Our nights have stayed the same at either 4:30-7:30 or 5:30-8:30pm (thursday off) which I like, it leaves time for HW either before or afterwards, but this year our 3 hr Sat practice is increased to 4 1/2. YUCK!

My daughter goes back after Labor day also but oldest daughter starts the week before, this kind of stinks since that is the week youngest daughters gym is closed so we can plan any last minute summer stuff that week. Blackies mom you might enjoy the longer Saturday practice since I found it gives me more free time to catch up on housecleaning and errands. I am also glad that my daughters practices end at 7:30 and 8:30 during the week.

DD goes back on the 26 for that one day then doesn't go back again untill the following wed for 3 days then back after Laborday. What a waste of time on those days. Then never do anything but get books, fill out paper work and clean up the rooms to get ready for an actual class after labor day

That's pretty common for the Northeast, the partial week, then a full. From a teacher's point of view, it works out well. The first few days of school are always going to be getting books, filling out paperwork, explaining the class routines, etc. Get that done that short week, and begin the first full week ready to go with academics. Although that first day for you--the 26th--seems a little strange. Just one random day? Why?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back