Summer Camp Time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
That time of year again, summer camps. Who is going, when and where?

DD and I will be heading to Lake Owen week 3 for our 5th year. I am camp nurse again, a position that I absolutely totally love.

DD's gymnastics summer camp is going to be UGA in a week and a half. She's going with 2 of her teammates and is very excited. :D

i'm going to USGTC for two weeks this summer. It's in holyoke/south hadley MA, which isn't far at all from where i live. I'm excited because my friend is also going, and my teammates say they had an amazing time. i'm so excited :dopey:

I am going to Karolyi's next week!! I have been there 2 times before and LOVE it!!! :)

Latest achievement: fly-away half
Latest challenge: back layout full - tumble trac
Latest places: 1st BB, FX, 2nd AA State

DD 9 is going to Woodward (Pa) for the first time at the end of August with 30'ish of her teammates.:D

My dd 11 is going to Karoyli 4th of July week. She went last summer and is so excited to go back:)

USGTC is a great camp my son and dd went there for several years but when the price went up over $1000 a week we just couldn't afford it. So now she goes to the camp at the college for gymnasts its half the price and only 20 min instead of 3 hours from home. Best of all she loves it too.

DD is at Flip Fest this week. She went to Lake Owen a couple years ago with a friend whose mom worked the camp. She liked it there but it's about a 12 drive while Flip Fest is a little under 6 hours away.

DD is going to Camp Karolyi the week of June 18th. She's going with 8 girls from her team- we sent in all their applications together in the same envelope and requested for them to be in the same cabin so I hope it happens! It's her first sleep away camp so we're hoping everything goes well. I'm just nervous about the lake activities because DD is not a strong swimmer. I know they have lifeguards but I'm Mom so I can't help it, lol. One of DD's tumbling coaches from her gym is going as a coach that week too so that made me feel a lot better knowing he'd be around to keep an eye on her :).

Just booked a week of camp for youngest at Cheer Rep. Same place as GymRep just different weeks. She cannot wait and is going with her cheer friend. I thought we were done with camp, but she really wants to go.

I LOVE the sound of gymnastics summer camp! I wish we had something similar in Aus! Hope everyone enjoys their time away and parents enjoy their free(ish) time :p

My older DD headed to FlipFest today, too. Man, I miss her. It's her first week ever away from home! :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back