Parents Summer Camps (again)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

MomChefKathleen

We are looking for a Summer Camp for our DD, age 10, who is currently a Level 5 gymnast. Our hope is to find a good one in Colorado (somewhere between Colorado Springs and Boulder).

Does anyone know of any camps in that area? I did find a brochure from CATS in Boulder. I am hoping that Colorado Aerials in Colorado Springs has a camp as well.

Thanks!

Kathleen

Hope I can help a little since we live in CO. Not many gym camps---certainly nothing on the scale of Woodward, IGC etc. Many kids go out of state if they want to do a camp.

CATS(Boulder)--went to a meet there, small gym right near CU campus. If they use the CU facilities, might be worth checking out. Gym is not one of the major competitive programs in the state and I don't know anyone that has attended their camp.

Colorado Aerials(C. Springs)--Have never had a camp. Have a nice big gym with alot of room to host a camp, but they have never gone that direction. Their website is very dated and you may just want to call to see if this year might be different.

University of Denver--Looked into this one last year. 3 days/4 nights for 500+. We had a meet at the Ritchie Center(gym, pool and 2 skating rinks)--nice facility. Girls stay in the dorms. Not much info about what they planned in "free time." Staff is primarily coaches for the women's team and a few team girls. They might have some info up now on their website.

Stars National Gymnastic Village(C. Springs) Seem to be trying to develop a 1 week camp to fill a void in the state. Called Rocky Mt. Training Camp. Option of commuter or overnight. They will have guest coaches for some events and some folks from the Olympic Training Center to talk about nutrition, sports psychology etc. Don't know about the "free time" activities.

Hope all this helps. Let me know if you need more info

This helps a lot. Thank you. I called Colorado Aerials. I was really hoping they would have a camp, but they don't. We competed against them at the Great West Gym Fest and was impressed by their team.

I am still hoping to find one that is not as big as Woodward or IGC... she isn't ready to sleep away just yet. Mostly I am looking for quality in the coaching.

I appreciate all your input. I will look into the ones you mentioned.

Kathleen

Don't know if you found anything in CO, but apparently the US Air Force Academy has several week long camps for gymnastics. I knew they had summer sports camps, but wasn't aware of the gymnastics option. Several of our L5s are going this year and have been in previous years. Girls can't stay overnight until they're 12. They have very nice physical facilities----don't know much about the coaching.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back