Parents Summer camps?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mom2monkeys

Proud Parent
looking for a good quality summer camp in the south/central areas. Which ones are really worth it? Karolyi? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Our daughter is going to the Karoyli Camp this summer. June 28-July 3. She & a teammate are also attending University of Alabama Camp June 15-18. I just posted a new thread to see if other parents from out of state might want to get together or maybe have the girls connect somehow before camp so they at least know a little about another gymnast attending. This will be her first year at either, but both were recommended to us.

Alabama camp is full so we didn't get in. I just wondered if Karolyi is more hype about the name or if it really is a good camp? My daughters really want to go to Karoylis but I'd love info on how good it is. Thank you.

We signed up for the Alabama Camp the first day registration opened because we had heard it would fill up. I'm not sure, but given that my oldest son attended University of Oklahoma and their track record of an excellent gymnastics program, we thought about signing up for that one. UA opened their registration before OU had theirs up and running, so that's how we ended up there. UA is also a great college for gymnastics and our coaches said any of these top rated colleges would be a great experience for them. They also felt the Karoyli Camp would be worthwhile and fun. Since Marta announced her retirement this next year, we just decided it would be nice to have had the experience of saying she's been there. We've heard good things about it, watched several videos online and feel it's worth the money and memories.

If anyone else is going to Texas, please let us know. The only thing my daughter is worried about there is that she doesn't know anyone else going. I'm sure with FaceTime and e-mail we'd have plenty of time for a couple girls to get to know one another before the end of June! :)

I suspect my husband and I will be flying down with our daughter and then vacationing in Galveston that week. We figured we'd tack on a day or two at the end of camp and celebrate the 4th of July with her there. However, for those with girls comfortable with solo travel, the Karoyli camp does seem to have a pretty good shuttle system in place from Houtson Airport to the Ranch. We are still considering that option, too, but would prefer to go that route if we have at least connected with another camper or two by then.

Alabama Camp is really good, even i have registered name of my daughter for coming summer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back