WAG Summer College Camps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I went to camp at WVU years ago (13ish) and it was great, but coaches have changed quite a bit since then. Their facility is wonderful and at the time the college coaches were pretty involved in the camp. College camps in general seem to be more gymnastics focused as there aren't as many extracurriculars. There are also fewer kids, so more personal attention.
I've heard good things about the University of Maryland camp.

University of Maryland was good, but fair warning that it was very hot in the dorms with no AC. Also, be careful on skills descriptions on the apps because they didn't change placements even when they were clearly wrong for mine. University of Arkansas was very well run and she loved the dorm rooms there. It was probably her favorite between U of M, Penn State and U of A (mine's tried all 3).

Michigan has a wonderful facility and an excellent summer camp with one or 2 weeks offered. My daughter had a great experience :)

A gymnast from Buckeye Gymnastics going to camp at UM...that would be rich. I will have to look into it.

Yeah, I bet there are other choices. Lol

I know that Kent State has a camp that a few I'd our girls went to last summer. Compulsory levels, so I don't know if they have a good higher level camp.

I went to UCLA camp last summer and it was great. It's only a weekend and I stayed overnight. The UCLA gymnasts and alums (some from UC Davis also come) coach.

They put you in counsellor groups and training groups. The training groups are pretty self explanatory, they're training groups. The training groups are split into 2 different gyms, one is the main UCLA team practice gym and the other is a multi purpose gym. In the training groups the "teams" do different competitions and games. The counsellor groups are more like regular summer camp groups. Most of these groups are mixed levels and ages.

Each year they move the camp to a different dorm so, it's different every year.
You also meet really cool people, my roomies were twins who were in the Nastia Lukin Cup and were committed to UCLA.

If you do travel it's also a good idea to look at other colleges in the area, even if they don't have gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back