WAG Summer Reading: "You Will Know Me"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Love this........

Ms. Abbott writes. “To drag her into their little circle, their gym drama, their coven, rubbing their hands over their water bottles, fire burn and cauldron bubble.” When Katie does try to join one of their discussions, she’s brutally dismissed. “No offense, Katie,” says the queen bee, “but you’re not even a booster officer.”

I'm curious to read this.....but I'm curious as to why the head coach's niece's boyfriend plays a prominent role? Even for the crazy world of gymnastics, that seems far fetched!

I'm curious to read this.....but I'm curious as to why the head coach's niece's boyfriend plays a prominent role? Even for the crazy world of gymnastics, that seems far fetched!
Because summer reads need to have sexual tension, and most writers write from heterom POV. :cool:

Its like the stepmother being evil, the parents being dead. Typical plot lines/conflicts

I just finished it - curious to hear other's opinions! Both my teen gymmie daughters want to read it next. When I passed it off, I said "It describes a gymnast family, but not necessarily our gymnast family." Still, there was a lot I could relate to! (aside from the mystery part)

I finished it yesterday and it was an enjoyable summer read. I just handed it off to my 17 year old gymmie to read. I might have a few qualms about a pre-teen or young teen reading it since there is a lot of drinking/getting drunk and sexual (though not explicit) references. I found the gymnastics talk to be pretty accurate. I especially enjoyed all the booster moms and am very thankful not to know any gym moms quite like all of them.

I just finished this....kind of disturbing inferences in the story but it was a decent read...hopefully, I don't know any families like the one featured in the book!

Just picked this up last night (kindle sale- $2.99!) and it's next in my queue. I'm going to read this one before putting the girls onto it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back