Survey

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am doing a survey for my blog[http://justanotherdancingteen.blogspot.com/]-

Many people take ballet as a class to help them with another sport. Figure skating, cheerleading, gymnastics, even football. Ballet helps develop proper posture/alignment, flexibility, strength and grace. Do you? We want to hear about how ballet helps another activity you do.

Name*-
Parent or Student?

What is your activity?
How long have you been dancing?
Do you do ballet or another form of dance (pls. specify)
Do you do pointe?
How has ballet helped you?
How has your activity helped you with ballet?
Do you participate in end of the year shows or Nutcracker?
How do you balance a busy schedule?

*optional

Pictures and videos are always welcome.
If you are under 13 it is preferred that a parent fills this out

E-mail responses to dancingteenblog@gmail.com

the only other activity my DD does is Girl Scouts and Piano. No need to do Ballett out side of the gym as one of the coaches is also a dance instructor and they get at least 2 hours of it during the regular practice.

I think gymnastics however has help both my kids in all other areas of their lives. It has helped them to organize their time so they can do gymnastics. We have a rule too if grades are low no gym so they have great grades. I think to the attitued and drive needed to be a gymnast is one that will serve them well as adults in the real world someday.

My dd is on dance company as well as the gymnastics team (level 6), so she goes to the dance studio for ballet, jazz, tap, company dance, and acro. The gymnastics coaches are flexible in working around her schedule as they feel the dance is beneficial to gymnastics. She also did an hour of dance at the gym last year, but this year because of a scheduling conflict she misses that hour.

She does 2-3 dance competitions a year and she participates in the annual recital for one weekend a year where she does 7 dance numbers.

I am not sure if you wanted our replies here or emailed to you so I will just post them here. Let me know if you need me to email them to you as well. Here goes:

Name*- Dani (she is my dd)
Parent or Student? - I am the parent

What is your activity? Gymnastics (sometimes cheer, she is a flyer)
How long have you been dancing? This is her 2nd year
Do you do ballet or another form of dance (pls. specify) Ballet
Do you do pointe? No, but she is interested in pointe
How has ballet helped you? It has helped her grace, posture, leg strength and flexibility.
How has your activity helped you with ballet? The gymnastics has helped with the strength, flexibility and balance.
Do you participate in end of the year shows or Nutcracker? Yes
How do you balance a busy schedule? Time management and planning things out really helps. Plus, I make sure she has "off days" where she can just chill and do nothing.

*optional

Pictures and videos are always welcome.
If you are under 13 it is preferred that a parent fills this out

Name*- Lolly
Parent or Student? Student

What is your activity? Gymnastics
How long have you been dancing? 6 years (since I was 9 and my coach suggested it)
Do you do ballet or another form of dance (pls. specify) I do ballet and tap
Do you do pointe? Yes
How has ballet helped you? I gained grace, elegance,better leg and back strangth for things like arabesques, much better general movement e.g. in my floor routine
How has your activity helped you with ballet? Strength from gymnastics definitely helps and also the work ethic and discipline I gained from it
Do you participate in end of the year shows or Nutcracker? No because the dancing is at my gymnastics centre so its mainly to supplement gym
How do you balance a busy schedule? My coaches value my ballet time as much as my training in the gym so they were happy to sit down and work out a schedule with me

Name*-
Parent or Student? student (used to be anyways)

What is your activity? gymnastics and cheerleading
How long have you been dancing? i took ballet for two years
Do you do ballet or another form of dance (pls. specify) ballet and jazz
Do you do pointe? for about 6 months, but quit because it hurt my feet too much. i had bloody toes and it was hard for me to preform in the gym.
How has ballet helped you? game me a lot more grace and agility...judges always commented on my fluid movements.
How has your activity helped you with ballet? i was already very deadicated and a perfectionist
Do you participate in end of the year shows or Nutcracker? yepppp. i was the sugar plum fairy my final year :D
How do you balance a busy schedule? lotsss of hw and eating and changing in the car.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back