Parents Survived first Level 7 meet (barely)!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Megley

Well, my dd survived (barely) her first Level 7 meet! That was really all I was hoping for so we will call it a success.

The team started on bars. Lily had someting of a disastrous bar set. :( After a terrible warmup, she fell twice. Went over on her high bar cast and then sat down on her layout dismount (which I and the coach knew would happen). Despite this, got an 8.225. She was very upset and crying after bars but she got it back together.

She had a pretty nice beam routine. No falls, just a few wobbles. 9.25.

On to floor. We had all sorts of issues with the music and she had to start her routine twice. Thought it was a good routine. Layout not so hot and steps out of that, but the rest pretty decent. Score was an 8.9. She was mad she didn't get a 9, but she made it through the routine without major mistakes so it's all good.

Vault. The caveat here is vault scoring was lenient - my dd is not a vaulter. She was thrilled with a 9.175. First 9 ever on the fhs vault.

AA - 35.55 Child age group (11 and under??) with some insanely talented kids in it. First was 38.2 - at the FIRST meet of the season?! Wow! Lily placed on beam (5th) and they were generous with the AA medals so she got one there too - something like 12th. Our little team was third with five girls (compared to something like 15 on the 1st and 2nd place teams). Hopefully things will improve from here - at least on bars!

I got video of beam and floor, which is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5EYhlsuzXI

She is so incredible. Her split leap on beam was just beautiful and I absolutely love that floor exercise. Congratulations to her!

She's going to have a great season!

I agree with Tumblequeensmom! Those are great scores! And an 8.225 is an amazing score for having two falls!

Surviving the first meet is very important...;)
She did more than survive! She did great. I love her floor routine, too. So full of energy!:)
That must have been SOME bar routine to get an 8.225 with two falls! Wow. What a score she will have when she nails it. Very exciting to look forward to! I am looking forward to seeing my DD's bar score when she doesn't fall (which hopefully will be at the next meet!)
38.2 at the first meet, huh? That is pure craziness. That child needs to move up NOW, LOL.
Good luck to her at her next meet! Can't wait to see that bar score when she nails it!

can't watch the video as I'm at work, but what nice scores for her first meet! She must have great bars if she still got an 8+ with two falls!

She did so well. She looks like she more than survived her first level 5 meet. What fantastic scores! She must be thrilled to be starting out in such a strong way. Wow.

Sounds like she did really well for her first L7 meet!!! Once she starts sticking those bar skills and floor things her scores will really go up :) Congrats to the team for taking 3rd. it's amazing how big some of these gym teams are.

Just out of curiosity I had to check out the girl who placed first with a 38.something.... she is just a first year L7!!!! Amazing....

Thanks everyone! I hope bars improves at the next meet, but it has been a struggle.

TBQM, amazing that she is just a first year L7. She really knocked it out of the park!

Your daughter looked great. I loved the floor routine. Those seemed like really good scores for a first meet.

I dont know a whole lot about this whole competitive business..but im sure i will learn. But I think your DD did a fantastic job. Such a little firecracker..and cute as a button to boot. From reading others posts those were really good scores for first ever level 7 meet. And you could tell she was having a blast..which is all that really matters anyway. I cant wait to see how she improves through the season

Fantastic scores for a first meet of the season!! She did a really good job

I don't mean to sound mean but I wanted to comment on your use of the word "barely". Perhaps at your gym this was not a great first meet but for many gymnasts they may never get a score like that at level 7.

Any way congratulations to your daughter and I hope her year goes well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back