sweating problem! older gymnasts(girls) preferred!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi so I have a problem where I wore only my leotard, with a sports bra and no underwear, and you could see that after 30 minutes of practice my crotch area was a deeper color (from the sweat)! it was so embarrassing and I don't know what to do?!
I'm 15 and should i wear underwear? but then you can see the underwear lines?!
Please help.

Well I'm only a mom and not a gymnast but no one really cares if you see an underware line. Heck all the older girls we have were the underware designed for under the leos by GK and the sports bras and yes you can see the lines but as I said before when everyone has them no one cares. in addition to the underware they us pantyliners too.

When my DD had to start to wear a sports bra she was one of the first to do so at first she was embarrased to wear it because it gave lines and you could see the straps on alot of her leos after about a month everyone had sports bras even though only 2 of the girls really need one. So now they all have the bra lines and no one cares.

Some of the girls wear the shorts by GK over the leos. Only the older girls can wear them to hid persperation issues and period issues when training.

Hope that helps

Cher pretty much said it. I would'nt worry about underwear lines, its way less embarrassing than other issues. and you can always get shorts to wear with it. If wearing underwear doesn't help, try powder down there?

I have this same problem, but it is under my armpits. What i figured out is that if you wear a velvet leo, you can't see sweat through it! A lot of my leo's are black too though, you can't see sweat through that either. I am 14 and i wear underwear under my leo's. I usually use the ones that GK makes, but i only have one pair, so the other says of the week i try to find underwear that are kind of high-cut. But i also wear GK shorts, does your gym let you wear them? And if not, i am sure if you tell your coach your problem, they will probably make and ecception for you. I don't know if your coach is a girl or not, but mine is a girl, so i don't really think too much about having to ask her things like that, but if i had a guy coach, i would ask my mom to ask for me :) I hope this helps!

umm... my friend has the same problem.. for awhile we werent able to wear shorts until we asked what about when we started out periods and she made a rule that if you were 12 and up you could wear them. but anyways, before shorts she just wore a panyliner and no one could tell.. other than that, just wear undies.. who cares if you can see them! id rather people see my undies lines than see sweat down there and think something else... hope this is helpful!!

xoxo cem

well the thing is that only "real gymnasts" as they say it at my gym are the ones with no shorts, and its actually breezier and i look nicer in just a leo, no pants on top. But the sweating thing is a problem and also my thighs get really wet from all the sweat and they start like gliding against eachother. Can i put deodorant on my thighs? just like in juno?

Yes, I've been wearing undies under the leo since our coach had a lovely sit-down chat with us about it. >.<

Haha. Honestly, it's not a big deal... they aren't that annoying and chances are, other people are wearing undies too. And who really cares? If someone really cares that you can see an underwear line through your leo, they have some serious issues. :p

I would kill for a pair of shorts. Unfortunately, they're pretty expensive and I'm 15 and jobless. But if you can afford them, I'm sure they would definitely work! :)

and also my thighs get really wet from all the sweat and they start like gliding against eachother.

Ughh I have this problem too... I'd like a magical solution to this as well!

Yes, you can use deotarant on your inner thighs, I do it in the summer time. Just make sure its a solid not liquid and you will be fine. You might want to try it out at home first to make sure you don't see the deotarant after it dry's. As for the other issue, as a coach, most of my girls wear underwear. I would say that 99% of those girls over the age of 7 wear them. Its not a big deal. Since your older you can find some higher cut ones or even by some at GK. Best of luck.

There is a deoderant designed for down there called FDS Feminine Deodrant Spray. Its gentle to the skin and should do the trick.

well the thing is that only "real gymnasts" as they say it at my gym are the ones with no shorts, and its actually breezier and i look nicer in just a leo, no pants on top. But the sweating thing is a problem and also my thighs get really wet from all the sweat and they start like gliding against eachother. Can i put deodorant on my thighs? just like in juno?

Go for the undies then. I can't believe a coach would say no shorts especially to teens.

It's because 1. we live in Arizona, 2. i have to admit I look bigger in my shorts and i'm the oldest girl, 14, in my group, and 3. Everyone in the higher levels wears no shorts, and actually i dont think we are even allowed to once we pass level 5.

I'd check with your gyms policies. We don't allow older kids to wear underwear under their leo's. We don't mind if the little kids do, as they sometimes have accidents and sometimes our parents can be funny about it. But by the time they are older we expect no underwear. So make sure your gym will allow it.

OK, I know I am not very old but I thought I'd post anyways. Almost everyone at my gym wears shorts but I understand if you don't want to and that's fine. I can't stand going without undies, so at meets (and with leotards that I don't have matching shorts for) I wear the GK brand underwear. They are high cut so they don't show at all. I have the nylon/spandex but the cotton/spandex looks more absorbent. Good Luck!

well i wear gk shorts and some ppl at our gym (including me) have gone 4 some crazy shorts but just try to see if ya can wear velvet leos or velvet shorts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back