Switch Leg Leap Sissone Series Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastmom96

I think my dd losing points from not bringing her feet completely together after the switch leap before going into her sissone. When she tries to bring them completely together, she stutter-steps or loses split position in her sissone. What is she doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds to me like she just needs to get her legs together quicker comming out of the switch leap -- not much to that except practice.

I'd have to see it myself to see if there are any other issues, but I suspect it's not really a technical error; she probably just needs more practice.

I think my dd losing points from not bringing her feet completely together after the switch leap before going into her sissone. When she tries to bring them completely together, she stutter-steps or loses split position in her sissone. What is she doing wrong?

A switch leap sissone will always have a staggered foot...especially on beam.

If she's trying to do a switch leap to land on two feet at the same time...that's sort of unnecessary and hard to do.

She can either pull her back foot in to do the sissone,or step past her landing foot and jump (more viable on beam). There is no specific deduction relating to the "closeness of the feet". They just need to be as close as possible.

The big "no-no" would be to move that second foot after it hits the floor. That would constitute a "broken series".

If someone has mentioned that her feet aren't really pretty when she lands between skills, she may try not to bend her knees too much in between and maintain a tall posture going into the sissone...it detracts the judge's eyes from the feet to the upper body. It works sometimes.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back