T&t, questions please help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flipomaniak

Gymnast
So I'm an artistic gymnast looking into t&t.

How do levels work?
How much do they train?
How can I find a gym in my area?
Could I do both artistic and t&t gymnastics?

Any info is appreciated.

A lot will depend on which state you live in and if the gym is USTA or USAG. In our state it is mostly USTA with only a few gyms that also compete USAG. Our gym only practices about 3 hrs a week for even the advanced level. Some of the other gyms have their girls going at least 12 hours a week, plus privates and clinics. Once again, it depends on the gym and level. Both have websites with a lot more information. DD competed at Nationals against girls that also do artistic, so it can be done.

So I'm an artistic gymnast looking into t&t.

How do levels work?

1-10 then elite, just like artistic (if we're talking USAG. I could do a whole post on USTA, but I have a lot in the T&T forums already).

On trampoline, L1-7 are compulsory, then 8+ have a complusory routine & an optional routine.

On double mini, L1-7 are compulsory (pick 2 of 3 options), & 8+ are optional levels.

On tumbling, 1-6 are compulsory, 7, 9, 10, elite have a compulsory pass & an optional pass, 8 has 2 optional passes

It is not required to be the same level on all events.

How much do they train?

Varies. A lot. Our 4-6s go 4h, higher level kids go 5-9h/week.

How can I find a gym in my area?

USAG or USTA website, among other online tools. Or the phone book, under "gymnastic instruction"

Could I do both artistic and t&t gymnastics?

Yes, but it does get hard to maintain that sort of pace.

Any info is appreciated.

We have a T&T forum. I put up some youtube videos of the different levels there a while ago.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back