Teacher Shortages

• Thread starter Deleted member 18037
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yup- I've been teaching for 19 years and don't know a single teacher fired for "the reason." I know many that have taken better paying jobs, or quit due to lack of administrative or parental support and poor student behavior...
Weird. I know many who quit due to not wanting to deal with "the message." Primarily men.

Yup- I've been teaching for 19 years and don't know a single teacher fired for "the reason." I know many that have taken better paying jobs, or quit due to lack of administrative or parental support and poor student behavior...
I assume "the reason" is the C shot. (are we not supposed to reference that directly?) If that's the case, then yes, it is well documented that thousands of teachers were fired for this. Just google it. Whether you witnessed this directly really depends upon the demographics of your districts and social outlets. Having said that, I agree that the last 2 years have pushed teachers and similar professions to seek out other jobs where they are properly valued.

I assume "the reason" is the C shot. (are we not supposed to reference that directly?) If that's the case, then yes, it is well documented that thousands of teachers were fired for this. Just google it. Whether you witnessed this directly really depends upon the demographics of your districts and social outlets. Having said that, I agree that the last 2 years have pushed teachers and similar professions to seek out other jobs where they are properly valued.
The teacher shortage has been an issue for years prior to the pandemic. That is also well documented. A few thousand teachers that didn't want to comply is a drop in the bucket compared to all the other factors that have been leading to this for well over a decade.

The teacher shortage has been an issue for years prior to the pandemic. That is also well documented. A few thousand teachers that didn't want to comply is a drop in the bucket compared to all the other factors that have been leading to this for well over a decade.
My comment was specifically directed to another comment that indicated they haven't come across anyone who was fired for this reason. Yes, I am well aware that the shortages have been an issue for decades. I was a teacher at one time myself.

I will say, in the state I teach in, no one was fired for not getting the vaccine. No one was fired for anything related to this. However, we have major teacher shortages. I teach special education, have no lunch, no plan, and bring work home, just to keep up with what must be done. (Behind right now, so I will be working this weekend). This is why people are leaving.

have no lunch, no plan, and bring work home, just to keep up with what must be done.

So would you say one of the primary issues is "unrealistic expectations" or "unrealistic work load" or something like that?

There are only a handful of districts across the country requiring vaccination-which is why nobody knows anybody affected by those policies... Its a tiny, tiny portion of the problem. And those teachers could travel a few miles and find another teaching job. Pay and respect are the larger problems.

Vaccination is a requirement where I am - no one I know dismissed for this reason although I do know people in health care roles who were.
For me it’s the constant being asked to do more with less (or at least no more). Increasing class sizes. Absorbing others work when vacancies can’t be filled. Knock on effect from disrupted schooling over the past three years. Increasing distress and support mental well-being.
Withdrawal of funding for training and pay freezes ….. can you sense the burnout……

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back