Parents Team banquet!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Monkeygirlsmom

Proud Parent
We had our team banquet tonight!! oldest dd got a trophy (voted by her team mates) for Most improved!! She was soo proud of it!! (I was too)
we had a nice night!!

That's nice. Congrats to your DD!

We don't have team banquets. I've been trying to push for one for years. This is what DH and I grew up with "back in the day" for the sports we participated in. At our gym, they just have a big party where there's nothing formal, no rhyme or reason, people come/go...very casual, no recognitions, no awards. But, I am organizing one for my DS' soccer team! Finally, somebody listens... LOL.

Good job to your daughter. What kind of things did you guys do at your. We are having our 1st Team banquet next week hope all goes well. Some parents were opposed so the booster club has been working hard to make it a sucess. We will do dinner, awards from coaches, media show of the year, and a tivia contest. i will let you all know how things go. :cool:

Oh how fun! DDs team has an end of the year party and the new team members are invited as well. They do give out awards and such, the new girls get a new gymnast bag with tape, etc. inside. It is the new girls' official welcome to team.

Good job to your daughter. What kind of things did you guys do at your. We are having our 1st Team banquet next week hope all goes well. Some parents were opposed so the booster club has been working hard to make it a sucess. We will do dinner, awards from coaches, media show of the year, and a tivia contest. i will let you all know how things go. :cool:
It is a fun way for them to end the year!!
they did dinner then awards and gifts for the coaches etc!!
then they did fun gag gifts for the kids!! like mine they did a clacker for oldest dd cause she barely talks!! (coach said she has barely said 2 words the whole season) and youngest dd they gave her a baby swimsuit since she is such a peanut!! (she is the youngest and smallest on the team)
then after they did the awards to the kids for being on team and then the ones each team within teams voted there teammates on! (thats where dd won the one she did) and then they did the higher levels for awards on over all scores etc!!
then they gave shirts out for the girls to go have there teammates sign them!!
while a video of the season went on!! I def think it was a fun way to end the year!!!

you def will have to tell us how it went!!!!

We had ours last weekend at a very nice upscale resort/conference center. Some parents put together 2 slide shows---1 was pics we sent in of all the girls when they were little and the other was pics of both seasons. All the girls got backpacks with the gym name and their name on them---had little travel stuff inside and a grip bag with their name on it.

No special awards and I think honestly thats best. Each team coach came up and had written a little something about each girl which was read by the pres of the booster club. Then the girl got a very nice award(hard to describe) with their highest score of the year on it, their name and level.

All in all a very nice event. It was so strange to see all the girls in dresses!!!

We do a team banquet each year too.

The last few years we have done a Pot Luck at a hotel in town that has a big room that we can use. The Head coach gives a little speech. Last year the one graduating senior gave a really heartfelt speech that had every mother in tears. She had a knee injury that prevented her from competing optionals. But still kept coming back and she talked about how it was all for the love of the sport.

The kids each get called up and given a trophy. One year everyone got a specific award, IE - Most enthusiastic, Most improved, Best Smile, etc. but that got difficult as the team got bigger. Now everyone gets a trophy. Then the gym hands out Best event trophies. The Trophies go to Best Vault, Beam, Floor and Bars for compulsary and then the same for options. (DD one Best Beam for 2 years in a row...). Finally they give an award for Gymnast of the year. The Gymnast of the year is awarded to the girls who has the best scores consistently then who shows great determination.

After the awards are handed out, the girls get to go swimming in the pool at the hotel. The coaches typically get a gift too from the kids.

It is fun to see all the girls with their hair down, and in pretty dresses. I dont recognize half of them! LOL

Forgot to add that the booster club gives all the female coaches flowers and each team signs a card for their coach. Also, the booster club gives each coach a gift card as an end of year present.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back