DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
This is a really cool idea for a fun team activity (maybe with pool noodles though)...

Anyone else have any cool activities for the gym?

I love obstacle courses or any "gamification" of conditioning. Some ideas for a good obstacle course:

• Get the students to set up the course (sneaky way to strengthen their legs)
  • Add a competitive element (e.g. make students tally their laps on a white board)
  • Make sure there is always a "fast lane" and a "slow lane" for students to go at their own pace and eliminate traffic jams
  • Modify course unexpectedly—especially to make it harder
  • Add a "thinking" element (e.g. jump on the number that is half your age)
I like these games because it makes conditioning less painful—both for the students and the coaches.

Thanks for the reference @&bs! I'm not on social media (except for Chalkbucket :cool:) so these links are greatly appreciated. The one that @JBS posted reminded me of the one that I do with my babies (5-6 year-olds):

Do a bridge on two (small) blocks—hands on one block, feet on other block. Class crawls under bridge. When students can hold bridge long enough, add more students to the block chain (<--you will not regret investing in this). End state: all students are doing bridges except for one who is crawling under everyone else. It's like line dancing, but with gymnastics flair.

I need some new hoops and cones and stuff... time to order!

> I need some new hoops and cones and stuff... time to order!

My greatest fear about reading these threads is that I'll end up with a big amazon.com bill o_O

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back