Parents Team prices?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So Hallie made it to team and her monthly tuition bumped up to 125 from 93 dollars. She was going 2x week for 1 1/2 and team is 2 times a week for 2 1/2 hours so its a good deal plus we have a $1000 for the year one time fee due in November. It seems reasonable to me and we can afford it just wondering what you all pay. I also usually end up paying for her to go a third time most weeks and she never misses an open gym or clinic so its a little more each month depending on what they have going on..... We are also having her 9th birthday party at the gym too. $90 for 1 1/2, 30 min cake and ice cream and 1 hour gym time for 10 girls. Not bad if you ask me especially since they provide everything including the decorations and invitations and do the CLEANING up! LOL! :D

What level team will she be? (different places start their team at different levels--our gym starts at level 4). Beth's a level 7--goes 4 days a week, 4 hrs a day and we pay $320 a month--that's less expensive than many places around here. For summer in level 8, she'll go 5 days, 4 hrs a day--that's $370 a month. Open gym is free for the optionals--encourages them to go and practice :)!

We go (all levels) 3x week 2.5 hours = 7 hours

We pay 1350 for Sept - Jan & 1350 again for Feb - June

Mini-session ( 2 weeks in Dec) is 2x week 2 hours and that runs us about 160 (40 a day)

You my friend are getting a deal!

I'm not sure what Preteam or L4 pay but Levels 5+ go 5 days a week, 3 hrs a day for $405 a month from Sept thru June (so 4050 per year per girl) plus a $250 annual registration fee per girl ($375 per family if more than 1 competing).

Wow, my dd goes 7 1/2 hrs a week for $180, thats for a pre-team class. Our b-day parties for the same stuff are $220.

I want your prices. You are getting a good deal!!

We were paying $220 for 15-17 hours a week for level 8. The new gym we will start in May will be $275 for 16 hour week plus $1200 due next fall for meet season. More than what we were paying but not ridiculously more.

As a level 7 here... we pay $425 for 23 hrs week. (but we don't get 23 because of school, we go to public. Most others do private) Summer will be $500.....I think the rates at gyms around here are all pretty much in that same range.

My dd is a Level 5 and we go 4 days a week for 4 hours, so 16 hours for $290. Over the summer, it will jump to 20 hours and we'll pay $305. That doesn't count competition fees, of course.

Meg

These threads are always interesting.

Level 4s go 10 hours a week $205
Levels 5/6 go 16 hours a week $265
Optionals go 20 hours a week $315 (give or take a little bit, can't remember)

Add to that the leo/warm-up, this year that was about $240 for both.
One time booster club fee $150 (though this goes up by level you start at the gym at)
Meet fees for compulsories were about $375 for fall and $375 for spring.
And then you have to figure in the admission fees to get in to see your DD compete.

Expensive sport for sure.

I know that the optionals do way more hours in the summer, and it is a lot more money as well. Level 4 was the same summer hours, and I think level 5/6 were as well, but optionals go 6 hours a day M-F (I think they get an hour lunch/nap break) and it was sooo expensive. Over $450/month if I remember, June-August.

Yea... You're learning quickly that competitive gym "competes" for your money too! Keep in mind of the competition costs. EACH one has a fee. And wait until you see the pretty Leo's, all sleek and full of glitter, along with the not-so-pretty price tag. It's not all that scary as it sounds, but the hidden costs do keep draining our limited savings.

My Nastia had her 9th birthday at the gym last year, and it was probably one the best Bday parties she ever had. Hallie will have a blast!

Private gyms I don't know around here.

We pay at a private gym $125 / month for 3 hour pre-team.

I do know the YMCA level 2 team is 5 hours a week with some free weekend practices here and there, 6 hours a week in the summer and $75 a month. You do have to pay $50 per meet 5 times a year.

The county level 2 team is 5 hours a week and $50 a month plus meet fees and they do have a booster club so the parents have to work ... but it helps with the meet fees.

Ouch! There are some expensive gyms around. I'm glad we live where we live now!

L4 - 6 hrs/week - $130
L5 - 9 hrs/week- $195
L6/7/prep-opt - 10.5 hrs/wk - $215
L8+ - I'm not familiar with these. I think it's at least 16-20 hrs/wk, depending on the level, and the cost is probably somewhere around $240 per month.

Booster Club fee was $350 this year, but it will probaby be cheaper next season due to the succesful meet we hosted this year. Competition fees were $375 for L4, $475 for L5/L6 and $575 for L7/prep-opt. I'm guessing optionals were maybe $675. Leotard fee was $95. We didn't need a warm-up for L4, so I don't know how much those ran this year, but I'm guessing maybe another $90. I fundraised everything for the booster club fee, competition fees and leo, so all I pay is the month to month tuition. With 2 girls competing next season, I'm really hoping I can still earn enough through the booster club fundraisers to cover everything. At least I have money carrying over from last season still.

Our L4-L5 goes 12 hrs a week, $240 a month (they give you a 10% discount if you pay in two installments for the whole year, or 15% if you pay the whole amount)

$400 obligation fee (I'm sure that will go up in the fall)

meet fees $75x6=$450
leo (this kills me) $240
warm up $200 (so far we managed two full seasons out of ours)

We never buy leos at meets (I am a seamstress)

Our gym is 30 miles away, so when gas was up around $5 a gallon, we were considering all kinds of strange things to figure out how to afford just getting there!

Snowbound

My daughter can go 5 days per week for up to 27 hours and it costs $200 (This is for any level). We also have a coach that was an elite and her husband was her coach. I've never found a deal anywhere near me as good as this.

Ouch! There are some expensive gyms around. I'm glad we live where we live now!

L4 - 6 hrs/week - $130
L5 - 9 hrs/week- $195
L6/7/prep-opt - 10.5 hrs/wk - $215
L8+ - I'm not familiar with these. I think it's at least 16-20 hrs/wk, depending on the level, and the cost is probably somewhere around $240 per month.

Booster Club fee was $350 this year, but it will probaby be cheaper next season due to the succesful meet we hosted this year. Competition fees were $375 for L4, $475 for L5/L6 and $575 for L7/prep-opt. I'm guessing optionals were maybe $675. Leotard fee was $95. We didn't need a warm-up for L4, so I don't know how much those ran this year, but I'm guessing maybe another $90. I fundraised everything for the booster club fee, competition fees and leo, so all I pay is the month to month tuition. With 2 girls competing next season, I'm really hoping I can still earn enough through the booster club fundraisers to cover everything. At least I have money carrying over from last season still.

I am actually just loving your HOURS. I wish they didn't do so much here. The only gym that does less at level 5 than our gym is WAY more expensive per month and has NO booster club, so they pay about $25-$35 more per meet, which isn't feasible for us right now. Plus, I wasn't impressed with how their coaches reacted to falls, etc at the meet I was at.

I am actually just loving your HOURS. I wish they didn't do so much here. The only gym that does less at level 5 than our gym is WAY more expensive per month and has NO booster club, so they pay about $25-$35 more per meet, which isn't feasible for us right now. Plus, I wasn't impressed with how their coaches reacted to falls, etc at the meet I was at.

Yes, the hours are pretty good. Although sometimes I wonder if they are getting enough conditioning in. The gym's owner is pretty set on not burning girls out though. For the ones that decide to stick with gymnastics for the long haul, even the optionals' schedule allows girls time for other school activities and such. I also really like that we have a great booster club. It is very easy to fundraise through sales or just working the concession stand at the city's minor league baseball games. I was able to fundraise everything working these games last year. I would so much rather just do this than ask people to buy stuff. I can average about $85-90 per night working games, and that goes straight to my booster club account.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back