DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
I added a "Tell a Friend" button at the top and bottom of each post (picture below). By using this button, you can inform your friends of great threads here at The Chalk Bucket. This button is available to member and guests. I thought it would be a good way to spread the word about the site. Only one problem...it comes with stats and the stats say that nobody has used it yet.:(

Is this type of feature something that you guys find useful?

Attachments

• tellafriend.jpg
    tellafriend.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 21
Thanks for the info JBS! I've seen the button...but didn't know what it was for. I have to admit I'm pretty tech challenged...I still don't really understand how to use this feature:eek:. I need the "New Button for Dummies" handbook:p.

Good idea...I'll work on a "how to" for it.

Ok...here is a little video that "Tell a Friend" put together to help explain their button:

Tell-a-Friend Video

In a nutshell, it makes it very easy to tell your friends about specific pages on our site. For example, if you are viewing a thread about "Competition Hairstyles" and you would like to tell your friend about that page, just click the "Tell a Friend" button. It will send them a link to that page.

When you hover over the button, it expands and you get a whole bunch of options. The most basic option is the plain envelope, you can just type in an email address and send the link to your friend. However, if you use Gmail, you could click on the Gmail icon and use your Gmail account and send it to whatever contacts you would like. This feature is available for any of the icons shown. My wife has a Facebook page, so she likes to use that one. Just try it out, it's fun.

Along with a link to a specific page on the site, you can add a message. You can tell your friends how great this site is.:D

oh cool, i, glad you make the video! I saw it and I thought it looked cool because I've told people about a thread but it was hard for them to find it!! super cool idea :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back