Parents telling coach today

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

ValleyGymMom

My dd and I are meeting with coach today for lunch so we can finally tell our news of switching gyms. I have been agonizing over this for weeks, waiting until states were over so as not to disrupt the girls training, because there are a couple of girls that will be DEVASTATED that my daughter is leaving. I hope coach understands why we waited to say anything. We talked about this very thing last year with her coach and he explained to us at the time that it might be the best thing for us to go to a bigger gym. That just wasn't the right time for us to do anything...well alot of things have changed and the time has come. I hope it goes well. My stomach is tied in knots right now! I wanted to do it alone but my daughter really wants to be there (cos she loves the coach) and she is 15 so I suppose she is old enough to help explain why we are leaving. I think it will be fine but I hate having to do it. I guess I should just rip the band-aid off and be done. Wish us luck!

Good luck to you both at the lunch. I hope that it goes well and that the coach understands the reasons. It seems like the coach will since it was previously suggested by him that maybe she needed a bigger facility. Hope that you will get a happy ending and that she will be able to keep a good relationship with her coach!

Good Luck to you at your luncheon. I agree with mariposa, it sounds as if the coach was telling you that your dd would benefit from a bigger gym. He should bo okay with her switching since he previously suggested it. It will still be difficult, we grow close to the families and coaches, and it's hard to move on. But you're doing what is best for your dd, and you just have to remember that when you're missing people from her current gym. You can still keep in contact with them also.

Good luck

So sorry you have to do this....I don't know how I would ever be able to say good bye either. I'm sure the coach has a clue if it has been suggested before. Good luck and hope all goes well.

OHHHH! ((((HHUUUGGSSS))))!!! I SO feel for you, and know exactly how that 'knotty' stomach feels as the time approaches! Been there, done that. Not easy at all, but you KNOW you are doing the right thing by your dd, and you were very considerate to wait until States were past. Sad to say, many others may not have been as patient and level headed as you. You were thinkng about everyone at the gym, good for you!

And may I say what a fine dd you have. The fact that she wants to say goodbye/explain in person shows great maturity. This will be a good learning experience for her and she most assuredly will draw on this one at some point in the future.

Best of luck, hope it goes smoothly w/ no drama or hard feelings! Let us know how it goes.

Good luck! It does sound as though the coach will not be overly surprised. I'm sorry for the other girls, but even they must know that your dd will be happier with kids her own age.

Meg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back