Parents Testing out of 7.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It's not too common so I am not sure how many answers you will get. Seems more likely in Elite path. If she has the skills and confidence to compete L8, it shouldn't be too difficult. The bigger concern would be what happens after. Will she have enough training time to be ready for L9 with confidence the next season? A lot of times it's not just whether they have the skills but also using the year to uptrain so they are ready for upper optionals.

My daughter skipped 3-6, switched gyms and was asked if we wanted to skip 7 and we declined. Only because we felt our daughter needed the competition experience and it didn’t make sense to skip. Then we got to level 9 and was going to skip it, but Covid hit so she didn’t get the chance to train like she would have. All in all I feel levels 7-9 are the most important and I wouldn’t skip it

When I was in gymnastics, and level 6 was still compulsory, a lot of girls in our gym did either six or seven, but not both. So they either went five to seven or six to eight. I did the former. I really haven't heard of too many skipping seven these days though.

It's not too common so I am not sure how many answers you will get. Seems more likely in Elite path. If she has the skills and confidence to compete L8, it shouldn't be too difficult. The bigger concern would be what happens after. Will she have enough training time to be ready for L9 with confidence the next season? A lot of times it's not just whether they have the skills but also using the year to uptrain so they are ready for upper optionals.
Her gym doesn’t do anything elite. She hadn’t skipped or been held back in any levels yet and has done all from 3-6 and is not so old. She has a few level 9 skills all ready and that makes me more confident considering it.

WosMy daughter skipped 3-6, switched gyms and was asked if we wanted to skip 7 and we declined. Only because we felt our daughter needed the competition experience and it didn’t make sense to skip. Then we got to level 9 and was going to skip it, but Covid hit so she didn’t get the chance to train like she would have. All in all I feel levels 7-9 are the most important and I wouldn’t skip it
My daughter skipped 3-6, switched gyms and was asked if we wanted to skip 7 and we declined. Only because we felt our daughter needed the competition experience and it didn’t make sense to skip. Then we got to level 9 and was going to skip it, but Covid hit so she didn’t get the chance to train like she would have. All in all I feel levels 7-9 are the most important and I wouldn’t skip it
Wow! I’ve never heard of skipping so many levels! She must be very talented! What level is she now?

Wow! I’ve never heard of skipping so many levels! She must be very talented! What level is she now?
Well she had to test out of each level, so first competition she was in 3 then the next week 4 then she finished 5. Double season went to 6. She’s a Jr. Elite now

Level 8 vault can be scary to watch. In the L7 year my daughter improved her power and technique to safely flip the vault. There is room to compete upgrades in the other events in L7, but the 10.0 start value for L8 vault is a big deal.

Level 8 vault can be scary to watch. In the L7 year my daughter improved her power and technique to safely flip the vault. There is room to compete upgrades in the other events in L7, but the 10.0 start value for L8 vault is a big deal.
You aren't kidding! Fortunately vault goes by so quickly you only have to close your eyes for a few seconds and then open them to make sure they are still alive. Then you can watch the video replay after and enjoy it because they stuck it. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back