Texas Dreams Bars: Claps??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
Okay, anyone have an answer to my question?
I first saw it on a video uploaded to Nica Hults channel and now am seeing it in multiple podium training videos, including this one,
Bailie Key - Uneven Bars - 2012 Visa Championships Podium Training - YouTube

Why does Chris Burdette clap when the girls are on bars? Is it for timing?
I honestly have never seen this before.
Although thinking about it now there was one other coach doing it as well, although I cannot remember who.

Dunno is there a deduction for communication with the gymnast during the routine in FIG? for some reason I thought there used to be.

Gymnut1, I believe they are only doing this during podium training. And dance teachers do this all the time so it makes perfect sense to me :]

Dunno is there a deduction for communication with the gymnast during the routine in FIG? for some reason I thought there used to be.

I have always wondered this, too. Though the clapping is not as obvious as yelling "straighten your legs" during a beam routine, it is essentially the same as yelling "release now" or "tap now" to the gymnast during her bar routine. Are there not deductions for coaching during the routine?

Ah, okay. This makes sense. Just a different approach I guess.

And yes, I believe there are deductions for coaching during the routine. I have only seen this in practice and podium training.

yep. okay for practice. not okay for competition.:)

I wouldn't have thought the muscles could react that fast and translate the sound to action anyway, does it really work

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back