Coaches Thank you to all of you who coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cbifoja

Proud Parent
I hope you'll excuse this post. I'm a parent and understand that I'm not technically supposed to be posting here but I wanted to give all of you who coach a message of appreciation after talking with my daughter's coach last night.

Thank you for the positive things you bring to the lives of the children you work with. I don't think any of you hear that enough. I am sure you hear about how it is your fault that Suzie can't kip, and that you spent 33 seconds more will Molly than with Mary. You hear all the criticism about how a low score is your fault and how the team leo you picked isn't pretty enough and probably even how you part your hair on the wrong side of your head.

But please know there are some parents who are truly in awe for the strength, patience, and skill you show every day in practice. Thank you for keeping my child safe from injury while still challenging her and allowing her to progress at a rate that somedays leaves me breathless. Thank you for calling her out when she is being lazy or snotty. Thank you for helping me teach her discipline and tenacity.

Thank you for loving my child and the hundreds of others you have coached through your years. Please know that while the complaining parents are the one you hear from most often, those parents do NOT represent all of the parents. A lot of us parents truly appreciate you and in a weird little way, love you as a sort of co-parent/mentor person.

Thank you very much!

I hope you'll excuse this post. I'm a parent and understand that I'm not technically supposed to be posting here but I wanted to give all of you who coach a message of appreciation after talking with my daughter's coach last night.

Thank you for the positive things you bring to the lives of the children you work with. I don't think any of you hear that enough. I am sure you hear about how it is your fault that Suzie can't kip, and that you spent 33 seconds more will Molly than with Mary. You hear all the criticism about how a low score is your fault and how the team leo you picked isn't pretty enough and probably even how you part your hair on the wrong side of your head.

But please know there are some parents who are truly in awe for the strength, patience, and skill you show every day in practice. Thank you for keeping my child safe from injury while still challenging her and allowing her to progress at a rate that somedays leaves me breathless. Thank you for calling her out when she is being lazy or snotty. Thank you for helping me teach her discipline and tenacity.

Thank you for loving my child and the hundreds of others you have coached through your years. Please know that while the complaining parents are the one you hear from most often, those parents do NOT represent all of the parents. A lot of us parents truly appreciate you and in a weird little way, love you as a sort of co-parent/mentor person.

Weird should be the "new normal." Thanks for "getting it."

I needed this, as well, especially this week. Thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Your timing is epic. I needed this today too. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I adore my daughter's coach. She is an amazing coach, but also a wonderful influence on my DD. My DD loves her too...all the girls do. She pushes them hard, but in a kind and fair and loving way.

Thank you!

I want to thank parents like you. I have some wonderful kids with wonderful parents in my teams and I'm not afraid to tell a parent if I think he/she is raising his/her child well and having rational attitude. I also tell them if their child shows good sportmanship, has good manners, is good listener etc. These parents don't care when Susie will start kipping or why she's not moving up. They say the exact words I want to hear as a coach: We trust you and we think you know what is best for our daughter in gymnastics.

So thank you for being a good gym parent!

To quote gymisforeveryone "We trust you and we think you know what is best for our daughter in gymnastics." I had this exact talk with my daughters coaches yesterday. I think after I said it she just about fell over. After she regained her composure she thanked me and said she was glad we were on the same page, as most parents are not.
I reassured them that we brought our daughter there and entrusted them to train her, if we didn't trust them or their judgment we would have never accepted their offer to join their gym and team.
We would stand behind them and the decisions they make for our daughter and would re-enforce anything needed at home.
If you can't trust your coach 100% you shouldn't have your child training with them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back