Off Topic The Brag/Self-promotion thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Have you done something recently that you're proud of? Post about it here!

(To be clear, this thread is for random accomplishments, not for advertising products or services -- if you're charging money for it, don't post it here)

Anyway, here's a short rock track that I banged out this morning. It's a cover of the Intro theme from the Trolls game for MS DOS. I sequenced the bass and percussion, and recorded all guitars myself.

Have you done something recently that you're proud of? Post about it here!

(To be clear, this thread is for random accomplishments, not for advertising products or services -- if you're charging money for it, don't post it here)

Anyway, here's a short rock track that I banged out this morning. It's a cover of the Intro theme from the Trolls game for MS DOS. I sequenced the bass and percussion, and recorded all guitars myself.

Lol, I picture this as a floor music ;)

I did this!.jpg

Personal best steps (on the day I had my first shockwave therapy for my peroneal tendonitis). My daily step goal is 24,000. I had that beat by lunch time and had over 27,000 by my 2:45pm appointment.
Last week I set a personal best steps for a WEEK at 244,966. Obviously, being a competitive person, I wanted to beat that this week. Thanks to Monday, I am on track to do it as long as I can average 30,400 the rest of the week.

View attachment 7986
Personal best steps (on the day I had my first shockwave therapy for my peroneal tendonitis). My daily step goal is 24,000. I had that beat by lunch time and had over 27,000 by my 2:45pm appointment.
Last week I set a personal best steps for a WEEK at 244,966. Obviously, being a competitive person, I wanted to beat that this week. Thanks to Monday, I am on track to do it as long as I can average 30,400 the rest of the week.
Update ... I not only beat the previous week's 244,966, I CRUSHED it!!! 271,980
And I realized Saturday morning that I could have beat the 46,210 from Monday on Friday if I would have gotten another 274 steps, lol. If only my dog had stayed outside another 3 minutes, I would have done it. ;)

@raenndrops I find myself simultaneously impressed, intrigued and envious. How do you do this? Are you a mail carrier? A speed walker? Do you do one long walk per day or several? Do you listen to podcasts, talk on the phone, or are just at peace with your thoughts? I’m happy if I do 15k in a day and only hit those super high numbers on the rare day that I’m traveling and sightseeing or something. Please elaborate! And nice work!!

If anybody does use it, I'd love to see a video!
I have a few girls in mind that I may be able to talk into at least playing around with this ... I have cut it to lengths appropriate for Platinum / High School / L789 and 2 Level 6 versions (one is only 1:06), and a Gold version. If I get any takers, I will get video ;)

@raenndrops I find myself simultaneously impressed, intrigued and envious. How do you do this? Are you a mail carrier? A speed walker? Do you do one long walk per day or several? Do you listen to podcasts, talk on the phone, or are just at peace with your thoughts? I’m happy if I do 15k in a day and only hit those super high numbers on the rare day that I’m traveling and sightseeing or something. Please elaborate! And nice work!!
First, I have to say that last week was NOT a normal week by ANY stretch of the imagination.
1. I was in a Workweek Hustle on FitBit. We haven't done them in MONTHS. Last time we did a workweek hustle, my step goal was only 16,000 and it has been 24,000 for quite a while now.
2. I knew I was going to be having my shockwave treatment and I might be in too much pain afterwards (or the doctor may have told me to rest my foot after). Because of this, I really pushed it before the appointment.
3. It was my birthday on Thursday. I was so far ahead in the Workweek hustle that I had to set new goals for myself. Originally, I wanted to have more than the TOTAL of all of the other 4 people combined. Once I did the calculations, I knew that wasn't realistic. SO i kept thinking.
4. Friday was the 28th anniversary of my favorite uncle's death (he passed away the day after I turned 21). When I woke up, I decided that I wanted to have 200,000 steps for the Workweek Hustle. I did the calculations and it WAS realistic if I stayed focused. Basically I needed something to occupy my mind and the steps were it. This was the first time in 28 years that I didn't cry on December 18!

Now: to address your questions ...

Most of the time, I am doing my steps in my bedroom, by the dog door when I let them out to potty, or at gymnastics. I have a history of ankle sprains, so I have to be careful walking outside. And I am still dealing with the tendonitis in my foot, so I sit down and rest when it hurts. FitBit allows you to set step reminders for up to 14 hours a day. If I don't have at least 250 by 9:50am - 10:50pm, it buzzes me. So I do spread it out over the whole day. I have done a few virtual run/walk races ... and one of them was SUPPOSED to be in person when I signed up for it.

Like I said, I am very competitive ... especially with myself. I always have been. I am not the "typical" athlete, but my family doctor has declared that my resting heart rate is in the athlete zone. And since you wouldn't know it by looking at me, on any referral she gives me, she lets that doctor know that I get at least 24,000 steps a day. It only averages to 1000 steps an hour around the clock OR 1500 an hour 16 hours a day. I NEED to have something to do (ADHD). And I have goals. I don't ant to live on benadryl forever, so I have to get down to a 40 BMI so I can get my colostomy reversed ... they PREFER a 30 BMI, but the dietician my surgeon sent me to said that it would be physically impossible for me to get to a BMI of 30 ... and I would probably look anorexic if I got down to a 32 BMI. At my biggest, I had over a 90 BMI and it is currently 49, so I am doing very good.

I am a tutor (CJ has been at an online school for about 5 years now) for 5-10 hours a day (at least M-F and sometimes on the weekends if he is behind) most weeks. My table set up is in my room, and I can get steps when not actively working with him.

I have a few YouTube Playlists I choose between. I have a general playlist of 569 songs, a "military related playlist" of 65 videos, a "sad playlist" of 69 songs, a Christmas Song playlist that only has 10 songs so far, and a playlist of songs that mention drinking and/or drugs with 23 songs, but I am only up to the C's ... All of my playlists are, for the most part, alphabetized based on the you tube title (so some by song name and others by singer's name). CJ has noise cancelling headphones so I can play my playlist ... plus have the radio on in case they play a song I want to hear, lol.
I will attach "fun" pics of me through the years, so you can see "what I am working with."

Attachments

• Me 1979 2011 and 2019.png
    Me 1979 2011 and 2019.png
    623.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Me 2003 and 2019 side by side.png
    Me 2003 and 2019 side by side.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Me from 1995 to 2019.jpg
    Me from 1995 to 2019.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Me through the school years.png
    Me through the school years.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • FitBit Workweek Hustle.jpg
    FitBit Workweek Hustle.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Me Today.png
    Me Today.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 61
First, I have to say that last week was NOT a normal week by ANY stretch of the imagination.
1. I was in a Workweek Hustle on FitBit. We haven't done them in MONTHS. Last time we did a workweek hustle, my step goal was only 16,000 and it has been 24,000 for quite a while now.
2. I knew I was going to be having my shockwave treatment and I might be in too much pain afterwards (or the doctor may have told me to rest my foot after). Because of this, I really pushed it before the appointment.
3. It was my birthday on Thursday. I was so far ahead in the Workweek hustle that I had to set new goals for myself. Originally, I wanted to have more than the TOTAL of all of the other 4 people combined. Once I did the calculations, I knew that wasn't realistic. SO i kept thinking.
4. Friday was the 28th anniversary of my favorite uncle's death (he passed away the day after I turned 21). When I woke up, I decided that I wanted to have 200,000 steps for the Workweek Hustle. I did the calculations and it WAS realistic if I stayed focused. Basically I needed something to occupy my mind and the steps were it. This was the first time in 28 years that I didn't cry on December 18!

Most of the time, I am doing my steps in my bedroom, by the dog door when I let them out to potty, or at gymnastics. I have a history of ankle sprains, so I have to be careful walking outside. And I am still dealing with the tendonitis in my foot, so I sit down and rest when it hurts. FitBit allows you to set step reminders for up to 14 hours a day. If I don't have at least 250 by 9:50am - 10:50pm, it buzzes me. So I do spread it out over the whole day. I have done a few virtual run/walk races ... and one of them was SUPPOSED to be in person when I signed up for it.

Like I said, I am very competitive ... especially with myself. I always have been. I am not the "typical" athlete, but my family doctor has declared that my resting heart rate is in the athlete zone. And since you wouldn't know it by looking at me, on any referral she gives me, she lets that doctor know that I get at least 24,000 steps a day. It only averages to 1000 steps an hour around the clock OR 1500 an hour 16 hours a day. I NEED to have something to do (ADHD). And I have goals. I don't ant to live on benadryl forever, so I have to get down to a 40 BMI so I can get my colostomy reversed ... they PREFER a 30 BMI, but the dietician my surgeon sent me to said that it would be physically impossible for me to get to a BMI of 30 ... and I would probably look anorexic if I got down to a 32 BMI. At my biggest, I had over a 90 BMI and it is currently 49, so I am doing very good.

I am a tutor (CJ has been at an online school for about 5 years now) for 5-10 hours a day (at least M-F and sometimes on the weekends if he is behind) most weeks. My table set up is in my room, and I can get steps when not actively working with him.

I have a few YouTube Playlists I choose between. I have a general playlist of 569 songs, a "military related playlist" of 65 videos, a "sad playlist" of 69 songs, a Christmas Song playlist that only has 10 songs so far, and a playlist of songs that mention drinking and/or drugs with 23 songs, but I am only up to the C's ... All of my playlists are, for the most part, alphabetized based on the you tube title (so some by song name and others by singer's name). CJ has noise cancelling headphones so I can play my playlist ... plus have the radio on in case they play a song I want to hear, lol.
I will attach "fun" pics of me through the years, so you can see "what I am working wit

I will attach "fun" pics of me through the years, so you can see "what I am working with."
I have been off the board for so long, really since my daughter started college. Nice to see that most of the same peeps are here! I just dropped in and this is the first post I read, and I had to say that your post is so inspiring. I think we hit adulthood and it's extremely hard to make changes sometimes, so I really respect that you have! Congrats!

Since both of my "babies" are in college this year, I'm starting back to college myself this semester! I went to NYU for just year after high-school, and college seemed like something that was always a given for me to finish. And then life happened. I've been raising kids, working, waiting patiently for my opportunity to finish my goal (different field) I am SO excited to be back on track!

I wanted to share some excitement/slight brag about my DD.. she was accepted to study all of next year at Oxford and is over the moon happy! She’ll have to retire from gymnastics, but she’ll be able to continue rowing while there.. she says she may try and come back to gym for senior year though.

I wanted to share some excitement/slight brag about my DD.. she was accepted to study all of next year at Oxford and is over the moon happy! She’ll have to retire from gymnastics, but she’ll be able to continue rowing while there.. she says she may try and come back to gym for senior year though.

That is fantastic!

Oxford is absolutely lovely. Congratulations to her. Which college will she be and what is she reading?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back