Parents The Chalkbucket Challenge is now on.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Oh you can definitely post old videos, as long as they are not from when you were 12!!! Any video that is from your adult, post kid life will do!

Oh man - if she posts the pic of her doing her front tuck on the floor I'm going to have to step it up a notch, LOL.

How do you embed a video??? I have it on youtube but can't figure out how to paste it in so that it will show up as embedded???

Last edited:
When you see your video on youtube, to the right hand side you will see a box that has the URL code in it and below that you will see the embed code. Copy that.

Than open a reply to the thread, just above the box where you type you will see a youtube icon, click on that and a box will pop up where you paste the embed code.

Preview the post before posting, that way you can check if it worked. I couldn't do it from my pc, had to use hubbies, not sure why, but computers are like in laws, great to have sometimes, but mostly frikking irritating.

[YOUTUBE] <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-2ciwiHCF7I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-2ciwiHCF7I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/YOUTUBE]Here is my submission, (thanks Bog for the help!!):

Last edited:
That was awesome mdgymmom - of course now you're going to make me hurt myself by trying to do something cooler :p

Thanks guys! Yeah, I was thinking about bringing my camera to the gym tonight when I pick up dd from practice and seeing if the coach will let me in the gym to do some stuff on bars, but there is some rule in the gym about "No adults on the equipment, and not being liable for any injuries, misshaps or "accidents" in the gym". I wonder if I signed a waiver...

MdGymMom- your right up there! We have got some competition going now haven't we?;)

This is me on beam...looking quite dorky!!!

YouTube - Full turns on beam

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gVbQfqAJ0Bs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gVbQfqAJ0Bs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bog, if you are trying to get brownie points for adding the cute dog....it worked!

Just need to comment on all I've seen already! You ladies ROCK and it's is easy to see how your daughters have become gymnasts!

I do not know if I am brave enough to submit...DD was instructing me yesterday on the L4 routine...it was UGLY except for my salute, LOL, and the thought of all that "ugliness" on the internet engrained in your minds forever scared me even more.

Oh my, MDgymmom I think I just pulled out my back watching your video....holy schmoolie that was good! OK, you moms will have a hard time topping that one!

Wow!!!:eek: You guys are gonna hurt me watching all this adult gymnastics. I can do one cartwheel but I would have to be over the 3 drink rule to get the guts to post it ;). You guys are cracking me up though :rotfl:

Can I be a judge?? :begging:

OH MY GOSH!!! I've been w/o my beloved computer for one week, I sign back on today to find out that all of this hilarity has turned into a real contest!!! I'm busting a gut sitting here!!! Hmmmmm...... how badly could I possibly embarass my daughter if I decided to enter this contest... better yet, could I possibly walk the next day??? I'm going to have to give some serious thought to what I could force my 50 year old bod to do! HA HA HA!!

-Lynn

Wow!!!:eek: You guys are gonna hurt me watching all this adult gymnastics. I can do one cartwheel but I would have to be over the 3 drink rule to get the guts to post it ;). You guys are cracking me up though :rotfl:

Can I be a judge?? :begging:

Yes you can be a judge along with gymnasticsmom, she asked first. I think two is plenty, you know like the A panel and the B panel.

I have the very fabulous first prize (snort), and I am busy making the medals, which you will have to wear once and then hide away for future generations to laugh at.

Mdgymmom- I am just blown away! The thought to even stand on a beam makes me want to crack, sprain, dislocate, or break something:p Kudos to you!

Midwestgymmom- I think we are going to make great judges! We do have a tough decision to make!;)

Mdgymmom- I am just blown away! The thought to even stand on a beam makes me want to crack, sprain, dislocate, or break something:p Kudos to you!

Midwestgymmom- I think we are going to make great judges! We do have a tough decision to make!;)

Well, actually...I actually sprained my right ankle and left foot 2 summers ago at the gym. I was doing a punch front tuck on a tumble track strip and I guess I didn't set right or something and when I went to punch with both feet during the take-off, I took off flat-footed and totally messed up both my ankle and foot. It was awful, cause I didn't warm-up properly beforehand (I know--stupid me) and it happened in front of a bunch of kids at the gym. The cheer coach had to carry me off the floor. How embarrassing!!! My ankle was swollen for a week! So, I definitely knew after that incident the importance of warming up properly and realizing that gymnastics can be dangerous!!

Actually it was my left ankle:

Mysprainedankleandswimmimg011.jpg

Nasty--I know...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back