The floor music reccomendation thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GT- I was wondering if you could help me find some music. I like all the bond stuff and dramatic music. But everything I have found that i like is overused and im not allowed to use it. i recently fell in love with this music YouTube - ‪Apasionada - Floor Music‬‏ that i have been looking at since about april. im intrested in something that could maybe mix the too is that is possible. i still want something dramatic but more that i can dance too. thanks :)

So are you looking for more in this style? The first two that jump to mind are "El Amor de Juana" by Tweex (you can listen for free on his webpage, but the only way to get the track is to buy his album -- which I highly reccomend), Anthem of a Misguided Youth by chthonic, and Mamacitas in my Valley by Diggi Dis (those last two are remixes of the same original tune -- and are available for free).

Last edited:
Another ziwtra track jumps to mind: Of Sea and Fire (which several of my girls have used)

Otherwise, check out anything from Riverdance/Lord of the Dance (I can't find a site that will let you listen for free, but I know some of this is on itunes)

I'm looking for some floor music! I'm just about as graceful as a elephant and I'm powerful so something that suits that. I'm definitely the tumbler kind of girl!

Anything is fine by me, as long as it's not something intended for a graceful gymnast. Just has to be suited to a more powerful gymnast!

So the Legend of Zelda: the Skyward Sword is coming out this weekend, and those who preordered it receive a CD of a bunch of Zelda tunes played by a live orchestra and choir.

What I've heard of it is absolutely fantastic, and is just BEGGING to be used as routine music.

Can anyone recommend software that enables you to edit floor music? Preferably free and something I can get on the Internet??

My floor music is the last minute and 20 second of the trans siberain orchestra christmas eve song. Though, I had to cut it myself though! I see potentially three spots to cut it from. It it graceful-ish for the first 20 seconds, intense for the next minute or so, slow for 40 seconds and intense until the end. The song originally doesn't have any lyrics, so it isn't a problem! Since I'm 13, I wanted to do a pop song, but my coach wouldn't let me. So, I found this! It's kinda classical and has a pop-ish vibe to it! Here's the link for it!
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Eve Sarajevo - 12 24 - Video

I'm looking for floor music from The Mask of Zorro. So far all I've found that's available to download or buy is this: Music For Rhythmic Gymnastics 04 - YouTube I like it, but it's a little repetitive and I don't know if my coach will let me use it. I'm looking for some thing more like this: Irina Paun FX - YouTube, but I have no idea where to get it; it kinda sounds like it was specially cut. Does anyone know of any other Zorro floor music? Alternatively, I have the soundtrack for this movie; is it legal to cut my own track from it? Thanks!

Gonna bump this thread with link to a recent favorite that I would love to see used for a routine somewhere:
[video=youtube;hdG-e_Joc8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdG-e_Joc8Q[/video]

And another rather more subdued but still workable one from the same (Grammy nominated) soundtrack:
[video=youtube;ypNgvc6c6Cc]http://youtu.be/ypNgvc6c6Cc?t=45s[/video]

Gonna bump this thread with link to a recent favorite that I would love to see used for a routine somewhere:
[video=youtube;hdG-e_Joc8Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdG-e_Joc8Q[/video]

And another rather more subdued but still workable one from the same (Grammy nominated) soundtrack:
[video=youtube;ypNgvc6c6Cc]http://youtu.be/ypNgvc6c6Cc?t=45s[/video]

I'm certain any judge would fall asleep to that! It sounds like music they play at a spa during your massage lol.

I'm looking for some floor music. I am a powerful "tank" (coach's words not mine) kind of gymnast who cannot dance for her life.

That being said, I want something somewhat slow since I tend to rush with fast paced music but not something graceful. Coach is not a huge fan of vocals in floor music, however if it was a fabulous piece of music w/vocals I could probably convince her ;). I would also like something unique, I hate having the same music as other competitors because I think the judges will compare our routines.

Thanks so much for the help, I'm rather hopeless with floor music.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back