Parents The journey continues....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PeanutsMom

Proud Parent
Many have you have chimed in and been super supportive as my daughter "retired" from one gym and is working on finding another. I am happy to share that we have trials at 2 gyms in other areas. One is a brand new gym without a JO program. They are just starting a JO program to compete in 2022. There would be one other Optional with my daughter so they would be a team of 2 (or two teams of 1 if my daughter gets all her 8 skills). The other is a smaller gym with about a dozen Optionals (5 level 6s, a handful of 7s and at least 1 8). They have been around for 15 years and their gymnasts do really well. Many have been state champs on individual events and they consistently score in the high 37s or 38s in AA (my DD's AA record is 35.950) so there is definitely a lot of skill in the coaching. Both gyms are 30-40 minute drive in opposite directions, our house is literally the midway point between the 2. So next we we are going to do 2 practices at one gym and 2 practices at the other to see what feels right. Wish me luck -- I say this because without gym my super active DD is sullen, salty, and moody. I NEED HER BACK IN A GYM! Cross your fingers, say a prayer, bow down to the gym gods, whatever you can that she finds one that feels like it could be a team. These are literally the ONLY 2 options within driving distance of our house, so I am super nervous!

I really hope that one clicks immediately for her! We’ve had that happen in both gym and dance, where the place was right after one trial. Fingers crossed!

I hope you and your daughter find a good fit! Best wishes to you both. :)

I've been following this journey from the sidelines. I really feel for your daughter and I really hope that she finds a new gym!
Man, I wish I was following this from the sidelines without living it. It has been an emotional rollercoaster. I am not sure if you are a parent, but as a parent, watching her missing her friends and turning into someone she has never been has just gutted me. My DD has never been an electronics girl. When her brothers are playing video games, watching YouTube (all the teenage things now) she was always dancing, practicing her skills, and making up floor routines in my living room. Our air track was blown up and took up the entire downstairs hallway. Now? She watches hours of TV a day, is super snarky with everyone, she doesn't watn to go to school (which she has always loved). It has been so hard. I can't wait to get her back doing what she loves. It is vital at this point.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back