MAG The life span of grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
As for losing them: Does he have a cubby to keep things n at the gym? My ds has a grip bag, and the grips go in the bag and into the cubby every time eh uses them. If a boy leaves them out, coach finds them and makes them do something to earn them back. (quickly reinforces not leaving them out.) The only time they leave the gym is for meets. When he was younger I made him double check before leaving each meet, to b3 sure he had them. They cost a lot, are not quick to replace and take time to break-in, so losing them would be very painful.

No, no cubby or anything, but I think there may be some that the older boys use. L4 trains at one time, L5 trains at another, and then L6 and up are all together. The gym kind of seems to treat it as you're on Team for L4 and L5, but ON TEAM once you hit L6.

At his first L5 meet, two of his teammates forgot their grips. I don't think they've done it since. Their then-coach had a rule that if they forgot to bring their grips back to the gym after the meet, they owed him ten rope climbs. That was not a problem after the first few meets!

LOL, that wouldn't deter DS. He actually chose rope climb for some of his conditioning yesterday!

I did ask DS if anyone had said anything about grips, and he said it had been mentioned. He'll start actively training with the bigger group after Nationals, and I suspect that's when we'll get a lot of things worked out. Since we're down a coach, I don't want to stress anyone before Nationals for something minor that can wait a few weeks.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back