Off Topic The movie "Up"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymjourneymom

Proud Parent
So I took a group of teenagers to see this animated movie, "Up". We all expected light hearted entertainment to kick off the weekend. Who knew we'd all end up in tears, within the 1st 15 minutes??? Don't get me wrong it was an excellent film, just not what any of us were expecting. It did get the girls all talking on the way home, but very deep, emotional stuff. It set a way different tone for the sleepover then I expected. I don't think little kids would "get" the story line. The ones sitting behind me were talking the the whole time, they seemed bored with it. And I over heard one saying "Mommy why are you crying?". It was VERY well done, but I think it should be advertised that has a more serious(sad/depressing) type plot, IMHO. It's not the happy little kids movie we were all expecting. Anyone else see "Up" yet???

I also saw it and was very shocked at how sad the beginning. It was written very well but they advertised it as a happy, laugh out loud movie (which it was) but they didn't show how sad and serious it would be.

It's typical of Pixar. Don't you remember Jessie's vignette in Toy Story 2? I loved the movie, and I definitely cried, laughed, and was overjoyed.

I also liked the short.

That's exactly what I had heard from a movie critic the week before the movie opened up! Everyone thinks of Pixar's animated movies as "kids" shows when they do have some heavy content! That being said, my DD (14) and I DO want to see it!

I took my 6 year old and 3 year old today and we all loved it. I cried a few times, but I am very sentimental. The girls really liked it. We saw it in 3D and it was very well done. We LOVED the Partly Cloudy short that was shown before UP. It was hilarious and cute.

I was expecting some childish, cartoonish, talking animal film, but "Up" surprised me and I can really say I enjoyed it but it was not what I expected.

I thought it would be a really cheesy happy movie and so did my friend so we watched while we were snowed in. My friend, her mom and I were all in tears, but i still thought it was very good and very cute. I loved Kevin :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back