WAG the nails

• Thread starter Deleted member 26744
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 26744

Lately I've noticed an increasing number of gymnasts have really long nails. How do they do gymnastics with these nails?

Chalk it up to talent, LOL. Seriously, though, they're so good at what they do, long nails don't bother them. Me, I wore SHORT artificial nails (press ons) for about 2 days and got tired of them. Kept popping off when I zipped up my pants or folded laundry. I couldn't imagine doing bars with them, but, again, one of the many skills these ladies have. ;)

We’ve had the same conversations in our house! DD (newly 15) wanted tips and gel but I hesitated because I imagined them ripping off when she was doing g bar releases! She went for it anyway and had no issues but did say catching a Maloney is different with them than say a jaeger or ray. I guess gripping from under versus top made a difference for her?

One of the US team members (sorry, bad memory) came off an event (beam maybe?) and you could hear her saying that she ripped her nail off. Don't know if they were fake or not but it made me cringe!

I asked my kid the same thing. She said I don’t know all I know is I couldn’t

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back