The Secret Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymSurvivor

Coach
Gymnast
Figured this could go here since it's on the road to the olympics.

So did anyone else watch? I watched online and loved it, my little siblings also were quite intrigued!

I was rooting for Gabby, didn't realize she wasn't competing all events. If she could just get solid on beam she'd have it made. Her bars was unbelievable!

Nastia looked like she never took time off. She was solid. Hardly a wobble, I was quite impressed. Although with only 5 members on the team I'm still hoping she is not on the team so other girls can have a chance.

Kyla fought hard and it paid off. She looked great out there!!

Aly obviously did a great job. She's a very good all-arounder and she deserved it! Especially being on her birthday!!

Becca Bross did great on bars! Everything looked good there!

As for juniors, just from the videos I've seen Simone Biles was amazing!! She'd give those seniors a run for their money! Amelia kept up great as well, she's one of my favorite juniors out there!!

What did you all think?
Can't wait for Visa Championships!!!

I loved Sarah Finnegan, seeing her come out there and place in the top 5 on two events was awesome. That floor routine was amazing, and that score of hers could still go up because the routine was far from perfect.

There are just too many excellent gymnasts to choose from this year for the Olympic team. Nationals should be interesting.

I watched online as well, and it was a fun meet watch.

I was very disappointment with Jordyn Wieber at this meet. I mean don't get me wrong, I have MAJOR Wieber fever... She is my all time favorite but there was something about her at this meet that I did not like. Her routines just didn't have that "spark." It upset me to see the fit she threw after her little mistake on bars, I mean I understand her disappointment but I think she could have handled it more maturely. But, her beam was gorgeous!

I thought that Aly did great!!!! It makes me really excited for her future! Her floor amazed me, I can not get over her tumbling. I am starting to fall to team Raisman, I will be routing for her at Visas!

Nastia did really well.. I honestly doubted her comeback, but I have to say she blew me away! I have a little fear she make it to London, and take the spot from someone else who should get a chance.

I was very excited to see Becca back! Her bars were fabulous, and beam was good until the dismount... I wish they would just change the dismount already!! I mean isn't this like the 3rd meet in a row that she has fell?
Also- I would like to throw in there, even though it dosen't have any importance, I hated WOGA's leos, but I loved the warm ups.

I was routing for Kyla!!! I love this kid!! She amazes me. She has such grace and elegance. I love her floor routine, and the sticks on her tumbling passes are rock solid! Her beam is just gorgeous, especially the dismount! USA could use her bars, and I couldn't believe she got a 15.3 on VT with that huge step! I really, really, really (x10000) hope she is in London!!

Juniors are awesome-- I was amazed with Simone Biles! I was sad that Katelyn fell on beam, and I know its early but it made think about the 2016 team, lol. :D

They all looked great. Soooooo sad there are only 5 spots. I think Aly and Jordyn have to be close to locks. If she can get her bars together, I hope Nastia gets a spot. I love Gabby, but her inconsistency makes me nervous. I"m not sure she can handle the pressure on beam and vault.

I was very disappointment with Jordyn Wieber at this meet. I mean don't get me wrong, I have MAJOR Wieber fever... She is my all time favorite but there was something about her at this meet that I did not like. Her routines just didn't have that "spark." It upset me to see the fit she threw after her little mistake on bars, I mean I understand her disappointment but I think she could have handled it more maturely.

What fit are you talking about? I watched her routine and she wasn't happy with it, but I did not see anything immature.

What fit are you talking about? I watched her routine and she wasn't happy with it, but I did not see anything immature.
You are right. Watching it during the meet I thought she looked like she was rolling her eyes, etc. But now that I go back, she doesn't throw a fit.

Things that impressed me:

First and foremost-Nastia's beam, she is as solid as ever I could watch her do gymnastics all day long, she really is the all around package every skill that she does is beautiful! I have no doubt that her bars

Also about her getting a spot (IMHO) If she earns a spot then she deserves to compete, why should she give up doing something that she loves, if she is capable let her go for it. She has the potential to help the US out on two of their weakest events. She proves time and time again that she is a consistent gymnast. Just because you win or reach a goal doesn't mean that you should stop trying and call it quits. Her desire to continue show a true burning passion for gymnastics,and it is apparent in her gymnastics. This passion something that you cannnot teach.

Gabby's Bars: She was rock solid on this event. And the US could definitely use some help on this apparatus.

McKayla Maroney's Vault: She nailed it. A difficult vault with great execution.

Anna Li: bars (despite the fall if she's hit she could be an asset to team USA on this event.

Things that I was not impressed with:

Rebecca Bross, I didn't feel she did as well as she could have, there was just something lacking, kind of like someone had mentioned about Weiber at this meet.

Chellsie :( Which is a disspaointment she's a regular hometown hero in southeastern wisconsin, just sad to see her career end on a bummer note.

Amanda Jetter: She stumbled a ton in floor, I wasn't too familiar with her to begin and was not wow'ed

Marta Karolyi being so opposed to having to follow rules and select a team without training camp. Gymnastics is far too objective already it is good that they are going to know results immediately and go more on the scores. Selecting athletes at camp has not helped them win Gold since 1996 so they should try something different.

Favorite junior: Katelyn Ohashi. She also has a style that makes her gymnastics very very very very easy to watch!

Marta Karolyi being so opposed to having to follow rules and select a team without training camp. Gymnastics is far too objective already it is good that they are going to know results immediately and go more on the scores. Selecting athletes at camp has not helped them win Gold since 1996 so they should try something different.

I didn't get to watch, but this is very interesting. I like it! I always wondered what was the point of the Olympic Trials meet, if the results didn't really matter. They could just choose the team at camp and forego the meet. But this is more like it should be--if you place top 5, then you are on the team. Did they talk about this during the broadcast?

I didn't get to watch, but this is very interesting. I like it! I always wondered what was the point of the Olympic Trials meet, if the results didn't really matter. They could just choose the team at camp and forego the meet. But this is more like it should be--if you place top 5, then you are on the team. Did they talk about this during the broadcast?

I had first heard about it from a video someone posted here with Marta speaking about Aly Raismen and she mentioned she was not pleased with the camp, or lack thereof, after trials.

They mentioned it briefly a couple times during the broadcast of the Classic.

PS: Totally unrelated but I like your signature!

They don't do it like this anymore because of the 3 up, 3 count format. Your five best all arounders may be best at the same events, which would leave big holes on the other events. The past two USA Olympic Teams were like that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back