Off Topic The Video Game Thread Strikes Back

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GT, you started this thread and I started thinking about an iPad game that I used to play and they stopped updating it. I downloaded it again and am hooked again. If anyone is looking for a free puzzle game for iPad, Tower Maddeness 2 has me hooked again. It’s so much more fun than laundry. If my laundry is clean in a pile I’m blaming you GT.

So.

How 'bout that PS5 press event?

I really want to learn more about the audio engine, and whether I am understanding correctly when they say the system has "3D sound." Because if so..... man, I might have to revisit my old teen/early 20's dream of being a game sound designer......

Also, the trailer for Horizon: Forbidden West was the most generic trailer ever and I don't even care; definitely buying it on day 1.

Also due to my excess of free time (read: "unemployment"), I've been branching out and offering whatever services I could think of, and was recently hired to give Starcraft 2 lessons.
Yeah, it's just as surprising to me.
But if anybody else wants lessons......

Last edited:
I haven't had a platform since NES. I have been doing Airport City on FB, but taking a break on that since Flash is ceasing to be a thing anyway.

If there are any Smash Bros Melee players (or former smash bros melee players) who haven't yet gotten into online play, you should REALLY check out slippi.gg

The latest netplay build is amazing. Integrated, near-lagless remote online play. I was able to play with some friends from the other side of the country, and it felt as smooth and fast as playing with somebody in the same room.

Resurrecting this thread just to brag about a recent accomplishment in Smash Bros Melee:

The other day I played a Ness ditto against PPMD, and I was the one who took the first stock. (got my butt kicked for the rest of the match, and PPMD doesn't really play Ness, but still, I took first stock against one of the best players in the history of the game)

Last edited:
I rarely play myself, but like watching the family play certain games. Lately, it's been a lot of Minecraft, but I try to steer the kids to Rayman Legends because I like the graphics and music. We have Talos Principle, which is gorgeous. Haven't played it in a while; my husband gets motion sick playing or watching it.

And I'm a parent that occasionally lets my kids (both tweens) play "mature" games like Assassin's Creed, with supervision. We've finished AC Odyssey, and got AC Valhalla for Christmas. I like the storylines and historical references.

My personal claim to fame is the Wii (ours is going on 13!). I set records on certain games that my kids haven't beaten yet, LOL. Wii Fit, I think, and some of the Just Dance games.

Resurrecting this thread just to brag about a recent accomplishment in Smash Bros Melee:

The other day I played a Ness ditto against PPMD, and I was the one who took the first stock. (got my butt kicked for the rest of the match, and PPMD doesn't really play Ness, but still, I took first stock against one of the best players in the history of the game)
Nice dude! Love getting matched up against pros :D

Anybody else playing Horizon: Forbidden West?

Zero Dawn currently tops my list of all-time-favorite games, so I'm super excited to dive into Forbidden West

EDIT TO ADD: NO SPOILERS YET PLEASE

Resurrecting this thread. What's everybody playing these days?

I'm currently doing (yet another) playthrough of the Mass Effect trilogy, but this time with a twist: all major plot decisions are made by texting my non-gamer parents a cliffsnotes summary and asking what I should do. They've quickly gotten used to getting random texts like "should I kill the mad scientist or let him live" Or "should I date the dying lizard man or the space velociraptor?"

I also (shameless brag) recently did very well in a Smash Bros tournament! Made it several rounds into the lower bracket in Melee, and made it to winner's quarterfinals in Project M.

Last edited:
Reactions: sun

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back