WAG The Well-Stocked Gym Bag

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

With meet season approaching, I am wondering what would be considered a well-stocked competition bag. HC has always joked with DD that if the gym gave individual awards, she'd get the 'Boy Scout' award because she's always prepared for any contingency (comically, other HC's have learned this as they've needed an emergency item and she's had it in her bag).

Right now, her bag contains the following:
1. grip bag
2. assortment of tape (various colors, widths, etc)
3. pre-wrap
4. bandaids
5. neosporin
6. vitamin E and tea tree oil
7. small scrap of sandpaper (don't ask me why)
8. aquaphor
9. fingernail clippers
10. KT tape
11. extra leo and shorts
12. hair gel and hair spray
13. TONS of hair ties
14. hair clips (also various sizes and colors)
15. hair brush
16. small scissors (the kind you find in hair salons)
17. pack of kleenex

Should she have anything else or is it already too much? She insists she 'needs' all of these items, but I worry about her bag getting too heavy for her to carry...

Pea carries 1-5 and 13. But's she still a pre-teen and isn't bothered by the fact that she looks like a wreck leaving the gym. I think the only other thing she has is hand sanitizer... 'cause gym crud + eating on the way home don't work for me!:eek:

Oh and sandpaper is for the finger holes on grips, makes them bigger.

Ah! DD is 10 so I'm sure much of the 'stuff' she carries in her bag she has procured because 1) the older girls have the items and/or 2) HC has mentioned at some point it would be a good thing to have.

She has never received a USAG card--is that something I should be asking HC about? I have her USAG number (which I got from HC), but I've never actually received anything from USAG in the mail.

Ah! DD is 10 so I'm sure much of the 'stuff' she carries in her bag she has procured because 1) the older girls have the items and/or 2) HC has mentioned at some point it would be a good thing to have.

She has never received a USAG card--is that something I should be asking HC about? I have her USAG number (which I got from HC), but I've never actually received anything from USAG in the mail.

Does she get the USA Gymnastics magazine that comes with the USAG membership?

You should receive a card in the mail. Always a good idea to have on hand. If she is an optional then a copy of her music.

You can print out your USAG card from the USAG website, if you haven't received the card in the mail yet. We had to do this last year- the card arrived in the mail after the first two meets had passed. You go to usagym.org, and log in from the main page i the upper right corner. After that, click on your name in the same upper right corner, and that will take you to your "my membership" page. You can print your card from there.

A few other items for the gym bag: This just mentioned in another thread, and made me think of it: some monthly supplies, if your gymnast is old enough, or getting old enough. Also, perhaps some snack bars. Cell phone, if your child has one. Bottle of water. Nail polish remover (they make little wipes, which are more portable) especially if your daughter normally wears polish.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back