WAG There is success after big injuries!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LizzieLac

Proud Parent
Many of you may know that two years ago my DD broke her tibia and fibula in practice about a month before her first level 7 meet. I'll skip the details of that event, only to provide this:
She had surgery for rod and pins. Got an infection from the surgery. We battled it for a year with antibiotics. She missed most of that season, but did a couple of level 6 watered down events.
The following November, she had another surgery to remove all the hardware in order to get rid of the infection.
She missed half of that season but eventually was able to compete Xcel Platinum as she was missing too many skills to do level 6 or 7 at our gym.
She busted her @ss to get over skill and strength deficits and huge fear of giants to be ready for level 7.

I am so happy and proud of her. She just won states floor, beam, bars, and AA!! She qualified for regionals with the top 11th score in the state.

If I could get her to clean her room, she would be perfect in my eyes. :)

Many of you may know that two years ago my DD broke her tibia and fibula in practice about a month before her first level 7 meet. I'll skip the details of that event, only to provide this:
She had surgery for rod and pins. Got an infection from the surgery. We battled it for a year with antibiotics. She missed most of that season, but did a couple of level 6 watered down events.
The following November, she had another surgery to remove all the hardware in order to get rid of the infection.
She missed half of that season but eventually was able to compete Xcel Platinum as she was missing too many skills to do level 6 or 7 at our gym.
She busted her @ss to get over skill and strength deficits and huge fear of giants to be ready for level 7.

I am so happy and proud of her. She just won states floor, beam, bars, and AA!! She qualified for regionals with the top 11th score in the state.

If I could get her to clean her room, she would be perfect in my eyes. :)
Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing your daughter's amazing story! She has incredible persistence , courage, resilience , and talent !!! I'm so glad she got this awesome reward for all of her hard work and determination these last 2 years. I'm sure she has, and will continue to inspire many athletes. Best wishes at regionals!!!

That is so encouraging and exciting to hear about her great success despite her injury! Thank you for sharing and congratulations :).

Congratulations! What a great example of persistence and determination. I'm sure she has been an incredible role model to her teammates through all of this. Best wishes to her for many more successes!

Thanks so much for sharing! What an amazing story and congrats! What a strong girl! How old is she? Was the hardware meant to be temporary?

That is so great! And so inspiring to me....my DD has been out since December. She broke her arm, pretty badly, and is still only conditioning. The Ortho MD has her in a splint for another couple weeks and then MAYBE starting back slowly after that.

I am very anxious and nervous and worried!! She was able to compete 2x before her injury and had good skill but I'm nervous she is WAY behind her teammates now!
Your story has given me hope, thank you!

Where's the love button when you need it? What an inspiration she must be to fellow teammates. Huge congrats to her. She is amazing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back