WAG There is success after big injuries!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks so much for sharing! What an amazing story and congrats! What a strong girl! How old is she? Was the hardware meant to be temporary?
She was 14 when she broke her and she is 16 now. She was a late starter to gymnastics compared to most girls. I think she started when she about 10.

Hardware was meant to be in there until she was done with competitive gymnastics. We figured that would be at the end of HS unless she did club gymnastics in college. However, the bacteria was hiding around the metal and antibiotics were only suppressing the infection. She had it removed about a year after, so the bones were healed minus the tibia being hollow where the rod was. As you can see, I learned way more about broken bones than I ever planned. ;-)

So incredibly happy for her and for you! What persistence and patience you have both shown! Hope she has the best regional meet ever!

She was 14 when she broke her and she is 16 now. She was a late starter to gymnastics compared to most girls. I think she started when she about 10.

Hardware was meant to be in there until she was done with competitive gymnastics. We figured that would be at the end of HS unless she did club gymnastics in college. However, the bacteria was hiding around the metal and antibiotics were only suppressing the infection. She had it removed about a year after, so the bones were healed minus the tibia being hollow where the rod was. As you can see, I learned way more about broken bones than I ever planned. ;-)

My daughter is a late starter too. I love hearing success stories of girls that didn't start early. That is scary about the infection, poor thing. Our bodies just don't want to have foreign objects in there sometimes. I know it is fine for lots of people, but glad they were able to take them out for her. So happy it all worked out!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back