Parents They are being tortured this week

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This week has been the week for heck for our new L4's. Their coach has made this beam week. Yep they so far this week have logged 5 of thier 9 hours on BEAM. Mind you every single girl despises beam on this team. We were sitting there watching and laughing. They make them go to beam every time first and this week they didn't let them leave. I swear there was almost a mutiney this week. They came out for beak and were grumbling about it. They are learning the beam routine and the coach wont let them do any of the fun parts. Then she told them to go to the floor. The girls perked up then to be let down because they were working the beam routine on the floor.

So today DD was being funny and someone asked her what her favorite event was...... She said Beam this week it is all I have gotten to do. They just started to laugh and said the brain washing has worked. At least she is smart enough to not complain about it so she doesn't get extra conditioning. We have joked that the next two days will probably be more beam and then even more beam.

My DD would be thrilled. Beam is her 2nd favorite event (bars first). LOL

LOL, just tell her it will all be worth it later on at the meets and she will be the beam QUEEN! My DD loves the beam, but it doesn't seem to love her back. It was her worst scores last year so can I send her to your gym this week? Tell your DD to hang in there the week is almost over. And, it's better than conditioning!

Yikes - that is a lot of beam time. Just think of how great their routines will look after all that though :D

Your daughter sounds like a smart girl !!

I am sure that all that beam work will pay off come meet season.

My DD would definitely consider that torture. :D Beam is her least favorite. She complains when they are on beam too much, especially when they have no bars for 2 days in a row.

I bet her beam will be amazing.

Its funny because I wish my dd loved beam since its her best event scorewise even though she hates it. I think the judges like her beam because she flies through it without lots of pauses in an effort to get the heck off it. :p

I just told my daughter about your post and she said "oh good! I like beam!" LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back