They're heading to the ranch

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think Memmel is a sure thing at this point.

If I had to guess, I'd guess the remaining three will be Peszek, Beiger, and Sacramone.

Hong, Worley, and Larson would all be strong picks as alternates.

those are exactly my picks! although i'm still not sure if the last spot will be jana or shayla yet.

While I think the team could use a 6th athlete who scored higher on bars than Beiger, she has to be in the lead to get that 6th spot as of now.

Olympic Team:
Johnson
Liukin
Memmel
Sacramone
Peszek
Beiger

I think the alternates will consist of an UB/BB sub, a FX/VT sub, and an All-Arounder as the non-traveling alternate.

Alternates:
UB/BB alt: Sloan (too high of a bars A score to COMPLETELY leave off the top 9, also will most likely not be needed at all on BB so her UB routine is the reason for this selection), FX/VT alt: Larson, Non-Traveling AA alt: Davis

Left at home (as of now): Worley, Hong, Lothrop

The only thing that gets me is I have a hard time seeing Hill and Hong's girls, Lothrop and Hong respectively, being completely left off just due to the politics of the sport and the history of the coaches (more so in Hong's case). Also, Worley could definitely sneak in as the UB/BB alt over Sloan if Bridget continues to falter and shows almost no potential of hitting if called upon. As of now though, I think Worley's back is going to get the best of her. :'(

I hope I dont offend anyone here but........watching Beiger is like watching paint dry. :hide: I would much rather watch anyone else. I dont know why I dont like watching her :shrug:

While I think the team could use a 6th athlete who scored higher on bars than Beiger, she has to be in the lead to get that 6th spot as of now.

Olympic Team:
Johnson
Liukin
Memmel
Sacramone
Peszek
Beiger

I think the alternates will consist of an UB/BB sub, a FX/VT sub, and an All-Arounder as the non-traveling alternate.

Alternates:
UB/BB alt: Sloan (too high of a bars A score to COMPLETELY leave off the top 9, also will most likely not be needed at all on BB so her UB routine is the reason for this selection), FX/VT alt: Larson, Non-Traveling AA alt: Davis

Left at home (as of now): Worley, Hong, Lothrop

The only thing that gets me is I have a hard time seeing Hill and Hong's girls, Lothrop and Hong respectively, being completely left off just due to the politics of the sport and the history of the coaches (more so in Hong's case). Also, Worley could definitely sneak in as the UB/BB alt over Sloan if Bridget continues to falter and shows almost no potential of hitting if called upon. As of now though, I think Worley's back is going to get the best of her. :'(

I meant to say Hill and FONG's girls...not Hong's...lol... I can't edit my original post for some reason..

Sam Pescek - Another good all arounder.. although Did anyone else catch Sam and Alicia texting someone and the comment about 'Scr ew you" out of Sam's Mouth?? that might come back to hurt her.

Finally I think Jana Bieger. for 2 reasons.. 1st she has great bars and second she has a female head coach.

I caught Sam say that too and I feel the EXACT same way about Jana.

Here's my team:

Shawn
Nastia
Chelsie
Sam
Alicia
Jana

*Ivana - sub for beam and bars
*Mattie - sub for vault and floor
*Shayla? - would make a good third alt.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as we all love the story of an unerdog, I really don't think Mattie will make the team. Although, I am neither inside Marta's brain, nor do I know what's gone on at camp, so I could be completely wrong. I just think that they want someone with more international experience, and Peszek was on that fateful 2007 world champion team.

D-day is July 20th:D

my thoughts on picks are:

Johnson
Liukin
Memmel
Sacramone
Hong
Larson

alt's - Pescek (unless worley is healthy) & Davis

Wow, hong and larson? I'm sorry but I don't see it. Peszek is too much of a lock I think and has too much experience to be knocked out by Larson and Hong has had major issues when the pressure is on. I like your alt pick of Davis a lot though! lol But hey, you never know what could happen! :p

I hope I dont offend anyone here but........watching Beiger is like watching paint dry. :hide: I would much rather watch anyone else. I dont know why I dont like watching her :shrug:

You know...watching her on TV, I have to agree.

However, in her defense...she has international experience, she has been hitting better than others lately...

and I was literally on the podium while she was warming up bars a few months ago, and from a judge's standpoint, her bars actually look much better that I would have ever expected. She has way more power and amplitude than anyone else on this proposed team aside from Liukin and Memmel. She can also hold her own (in her own sort of ugly way) on the three other events.

As the Romanians have proven more than once, "pretty isn't everything."

Wow, hong and larson? I'm sorry but I don't see it. Peszek is too much of a lock I think and has too much experience to be knocked out by Larson and Hong has had major issues when the pressure is on. I like your alt pick of Davis a lot though! lol But hey, you never know what could happen! :p

yeah, yeah I know :rotfl:This never seems to turn out how it is expected though, and I decided to go with the surprise factor... there are always surprises:D Love Chelsea D - she has been mentioned a few times by Mk... Hong was one of my faves last year, but not as impressive since her german giants (I think that is what it was called) were removed, not appealing internationally by the judges - but I LOVED them... still she is just so darn cute! Does'nt that count for somthing? :D wish her confidence matched. I like sam and originally had her in there, but edited and moved her... she was so consistant I don't really doubt she will be on the list, but again just wanted to be different ha, ha. + I wonder if they really truly need her... Tell ya what, I think they are all pretty darn amazing. I wish them all the best.

I'm still hoping for Bridget to have a break through at the camp and get on the team!!!!!!

You know...watching her on TV, I have to agree.

However, in her defense...she has international experience, she has been hitting better than others lately...

and I was literally on the podium while she was warming up bars a few months ago, and from a judge's standpoint, her bars actually look much better that I would have ever expected. She has way more power and amplitude than anyone else on this proposed team aside from Liukin and Memmel. She can also hold her own (in her own sort of ugly way) on the three other events.

As the Romanians have proven more than once, "pretty isn't everything."

Agreed and very true!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back