Things to pump yourself up?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey. I'm just wondering what you do to pump yourself up before a meet? Any good songs to listen to? I have a meet tomorrow!

I usually just watch videos on youtube of gymn and then I look for quotes too! lol:):):):):)

Go to Google and type in this name:
Shun Fujimoto

If this guy's story doesn't pump you up then you are callous.........

okay to pump myself up, i watch meets on youtube. haha or i'll watch one of my last meets.

songs i listen too are the kind that i can think of a montage in my head of. a good one is have you got it in you by imogen heap.

anyways good luck at your meet!!

I do mock meets but I still like to get pumped up for those!! This might sound silly but I like to turn on happy upbeat music and dance around in my leo!! haha, it's kinda silly but it lets me be loose and not stress about doing my routine! How did the meet go?

songs "Remember the Name" by Fort Minor
and "Imma Shine" from the Step Up soundtrack
work good for pumping me up

Thanks everyone! My meet was alright... 6th on floor, 4th on bars, 4th AA, 3rd Beam. Its not that my places were bad its that I can't honestly say I did my best. I fell on beam and I never fall. I'm really mad because I might I have been able to save it too. And then I miscalculated how close the high bar was since the gym had bars that don't go as far as ours, so I jumped hard but then I'm like whoa heres the bar I'm almost hitting my face on it. But then I did an uprise from that and such. Next meet im probably putting my giants in so I'll tell you how that goes.

how ironic!

Hannah Montana and ANYTHING cheesy will always pump you up lol!

I sound like such a dork but I do dance around to Hannah Montana! hahahahahaha I know I'm a dork but oh well it's fun! hehe

Good job at your meet! I can't wait to hear about your next one!

haha thanks! Yeah thats cool I love nobody's perfect by hannah montana and also see you again but thats by miley cyrus technically? We have like the miley cyrus cd on at gym and everyones singing and dancing to it! haha we are kinda losers because we are like teenagers dancing to it but I love it

I love listening to inspirational music (like Hannah Montana) and watching movies or just chilling out on the internet:D
I have this weird tactice too.
The night before a comp, before I go to sleep. I Imagine myself doing my routines perfectly once or twice.

When I competed and performed in displays I would make massive lists the night before of what I would need and make a minute-by-minute timetable for the next day, and that always got me really excited. I also used to count down the hours on a piece of paper for about a week before!

To get ourselves excited about a run, my bf and I do The Hoedown Throwdown dance. I had learned it before seeing the movie, then after we saw it, he wouldn't quit begging me to teach it to him as we were helping our friend study one day. So right there, in the public library, I taught him. He thinks it's so cool that he can do it lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back