Parents Thinking of Pulling my daughter out

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thinking of this thread this week. Daughter has 3 pieces of writing a week related to reading log. She was putting way to much effort into it. Teacher does the hard core creative writing in class. She just wants enough to know the kids understand what they are reading.

Its not graded except as it was completed. Boom last week was easier then the week before. She is learning to put her effort where it matters.

Im also thinking of this thread, as I sit up doing flipping paperwork for my childs sport.

It's not just her fitting in her homework :p. I have a grant application for a pretty measly sum of money, for which they need more supporting documentation than an application to the secret service. I'm simultaneously trying to figure out the cheapest way to get her to a training camp, filling out the forms (stamps! must get stamps!) for said camp. Figuring out what to to with DD2 if I need to get her to camp. Sorting out her lists for the comp next month. Trying to find new kit that's nice, no one else has, and is cheap.

And that's as well as the usual taxi service, packing bags, washing kit, making sure they're fed...

It's a full time job being an athlete's support system!

I want to lend more support to the anti homework camp.

I did practically no homework in elementary school. Because I was too busy reading and my mother lacked the discipline to force me- or maybe she didn't care, I'm not sure.

Junior high was rough, a rude awakening. But I still got into the best public high school in the universe, went to a prestigious grad school program, and now have a career that is intellectually stimulating and fulfilling. No regrets.

However, it sounds like the OPs daughter is not the type to be able to blow off homework with a clear conscience. I had friends like that, and they are all doctors now.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and support. This is a great gymnastics community. I asked her teacher if she could send home the homework on Fridays and she was happy to oblige. So i was planning on keeping her in for October to see how things went, but yesterday in PE they were playing some game on wet grass and she feel on her arm, and her shoulder popped out of socket and back in. she said her shoulder went into her neck. When she got home said it wasn't bothering her much yesterday, so i had her do a back bend over and she said it hurt some so to be safe she didn't go to class. Today she says it hurts bad, we gave her some ibuprofen and sent her to school. I'm thinking we should probably take her to the Dr. after school today just to check it out. The drama never seems to end. Hopefully this does not keep her out long.

all the research shows homework before high school is more to teach time management then to actually teach them anything. id first talk to the teacher and then talk to her and then decide what makes the most sense for your family.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back