Parents Thinking to switch to Kurt Thomas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sticks

Proud Parent
We are thinking to switch to Kurt Thomas, my daughter is training 5 any info from anyone can give us?
We have always heard that they keep the girls on the same level for a long time because they want to get better scores at meets.
Any information will be appreciated, thank you.

I remember that you were looking at WOGA last year. Did you ever switch from your current gym? What level is your daughter training now? We have friends at Kurt Thomas and they are happy, but their daughters are in the morning group and are testing elite.

Sorry. Don't know much but I did take a quick look at mymeetscores.com and didn't see any red flags as far as repeating levels goes.

I drilled down on several of their optionals and many were home grown and most progressed normally. There was a repeated level here and there but nothing that seemed out of normal and most kids were progressing through the levels.

It does seem they score very high and we competed against them at a meet in California once and I remember their gymnasts doing lovely gymnastics.

I will say that they seem to score well across the board. At a recent meet 40 something of their 70 something gymnasts scored over a 37. My guess is that they have pretty strict requirements for level competency.

Hi! No, we never switch, we had made the decision to go to metroplex but when we had a meeting with the owners of the gym they kinda convinced us into staying.
But things haven't change much, they don't up train the girls and our level 9's still can't do a proper vault.
Kurt Thomas is right around the corner from us, and I have seen them at meets and their scores are good.
They also have elites which is a good sign, and to top it off they just got on board coach Rick!!! (He used to be at WOGA) he is sooo good!!!

Hi! No, we never switch, we had made the decision to go to metroplex but when we had a meeting with the owners of the gym they kinda convinced us into staying.
But things haven't change much, they don't up train the girls and our level 9's still can't do a proper vault.
Kurt Thomas is right around the corner from us, and I have seen them at meets and their scores are good.
They also have elites which is a good sign, and to top it off they just got on board coach Rick!!! (He used to be at WOGA) he is sooo good!!!
Yes, I hear Rick is great! Being close to home is a bonus. I would give them a call to see if they have a spot on their team. One bonus is that the gym is great at communicating information to parents! I would recommend talking to some current team parents. I know that they have some unique policies, and you need to make sure you are okay with them.

That's good to hear, in our gym if you get and email from the coaches or a reply you should consider your self lucky.
I don't know anyone that goes to KT.

Have seen them at a meet and their kids were great. I'd try to get in for a trial ASAP. Once kids start moving around, you don't want to miss your opportunity.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back