Parents This is an expensive sport....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You guys are cracking me up :rotfl::hyper::rotfl::hyper:

Just wanted to brag about my fees for the year, I think I may win for most expensive! We love our gym, but everytime we blink there is an increase.

Team leo $35.00 (discounted because of some problems w/GK)
Comp leo (we were supposed to get 2 years out of it but because of problems had to re-order and new one from another company for $135.00
Assessment fee: includes Comp fees, coaches expenses, USAG membership, ect..$1,350 yr for L4/L5
Tuition for L4 275.00/month for 10.5 hrs

Okay Blackie6, let's see who's paying more!! We got our fall expense sheet last week: for Level 5/6: $355/month (12.5 hrs/week) plus $30/month for dance with a fundraising expectation of $2,000 for the year (Sept. 1 thru Aug. 31st). We were also told that we'd have to contribute $125 for the cost of food for the judges and coaches for all meets being held at the gym, $53 USAG fee, the parents each have to have an official gym shirt to wear for all home meets. All our meet fees are paid for as the meets arise, varying from $65-$85/meet. As far as our leos go, they're hoping we can wear the same ones as last year. However, the warm-ups our Level 4 girls wore last year are different than the higher levels wore. So, they want us to buy the other, more glitzy warm-ups, which will probably cost about $250. I'm afraid to keep going. I think no matter where you are, it ain't cheap! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay Blackie6, let's see who's paying more!! We got our fall expense sheet last week: for Level 5/6: $355/month (12.5 hrs/week) plus $30/month for dance with a fundraising expectation of $2,000 for the year (Sept. 1 thru Aug. 31st). We were also told that we'd have to contribute $125 for the cost of food for the judges and coaches for all meets being held at the gym, $53 USAG fee, the parents each have to have an official gym shirt to wear for all home meets. All our meet fees are paid for as the meets arise, varying from $65-$85/meet. As far as our leos go, they're hoping we can wear the same ones as last year. However, the warm-ups our Level 4 girls wore last year are different than the higher levels wore. So, they want us to buy the other, more glitzy warm-ups, which will probably cost about $250. I'm afraid to keep going. I think no matter where you are, it ain't cheap! :eek:

Holy crap!:D:eek::D Sell your first born, and quick! That's outrageous.!

Holy crap!:D:eek::D Sell your first born, and quick! That's outrageous.!

bog ~ yes it is but I figured it out and it's only $8/hour. Doesn't sound as bad when I look at it that way. Plus, all the coaches fees are paid through the fund raising. They have a bunch of big sellers and you get dollar for dollar credit. However, your idea of selling my first born, hmmmm, there are days!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a VERY expensive sport... I think I had responded earlier, but I STILL think it's more expensive here:

Team Leo: 36.00
Competition Leo: 85.00 (mix up w/the "posted" pricing - I hope DD's still fits this year!)
Warmups: I THINK they were 175.00.... I bought DD's long and hemmed them up last year... rolling the hem up twice so I could let them out as she grew!
Monthly Tuition: 278.00 during school year; 289.00 during summer (Level 6)
Yearly booster club: $100.00
Yearly gym "membership": $100.00
USAG Fee: $53.00
Approximate fee for meets/coaches fees/travel: $1,500

And of course, I "ignore" the travel expenses... if you don't think about it, they don't exist, right?

-Lynn

If you add ours up, it's $4,260 a year, just for team fees. Last year's leo/warm combination was $550 for the team. Oh, and you're right, tumblequeen, forget about the travel. Thank goodness gas prices are coming down.

Our last leo was very basic, 2 colors, no embellishment - $65 This was 2 yrs ago.

Just purchased new leo $125 - lots of "bling"

Keeping warmups till next yr (that's the rumor), last one was $125

Varsity jacket - wool w/leather sleeves $125 (optional, this will be older dd's 4th yr wearing it, I bought it big. Little monkey got a handme down, cost me $16 to have the name changed on it!)

Windbreaker jacket (also optional, but could I deny my daughters?) $75 each

Gym bag - $30 each

Annual gym registration $250 for first child, $375 for 2 competitive gymnasts

Monthly tuition for 15 hrs per week - $337.50 but we pay over 10 months and do not pay July/Aug, so we are paying $405 per month Sept-June. 2nd child - 10% discount so my monthly bill is $770.

Our gym doesn't offer a camp for team kids. Most of our gymmies go to IGC at over $800/week plus spending money.

Ooops, forgot about the initial $500 deposit we have to put into our acct for competition fees every August. This fund has to be replenished either thru fundraising or personal deposits to pay for meet entries, coaching fees.

Also forgot $53 for USAG membership, $25 for USAIGC membership.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back