Parents This moment, overcoming LSS / Twisties

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

trampolinemom

Proud Parent
My DS is in trampolining and had a long time of struggle with Lost Skill Syndrome (nowadays also known as twisties (thank you Simone for making this subject more public). He also had growth related injuries, no training because of Covid etc. Yet he did not quit. Just weeks ago when he finally started training after 6 months without training because of Covid his LSS / twisties / mental blocks caused him to not be able to take of for a simple back somersault. He needed asistance from his coach to do that. Now it is just a few weeks later and we were on holiday in Crete. I was quite terified but DS did this. He is by no means a reckless kid, he checked under water and we know he has the skill. That is why we allowed him.

That is awesome! Do you think that diving / jumping into water can help with the issue? Is it more comfortable for him to practice into water?

That is awesome! Do you think that diving / jumping into water can help with the issue? Is it more comfortable for him to practice into water?
I have no clue. It did get better before we left and he was doing all kinds of skills in the gym again. So it was not from balking at everything to this without progress. And in Crete he also did build it up with single somersaults to doubles and from lower cliffs to finally this one.

I think the fun part and being away might make a difference. But also his coach who just patiently builds him up when his elite pupil suddenly can't do a back somersault (while some parents are loudly discussing from the sideline why this kid is still in the elite traininggroup and their kid is not.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back