This must be the night for injuries...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Set the scene: L5 star is working floor exercises. She's done like, everything perfect, and then somehow screws up an arial. Instead of just trying to bail and land on her back, she threw her arm down to catch herself and dislocated her elbow. What a mess this was. So coach got her off the floor and wrapped her up pretty good, and decided she needed to go to the hospital because it clearly wasn't going back in on its own. She left with our poor little one in tow, and the rest of us stayed behind to keep working.

About 15 minutes after they left, I was working ROBHS... pretty well, especially for being out of real gym for a while. Wellll.... SOMEHOW, I caught myself wrong and jammed my wrist soo hard! I seriously screamed loud enough for everyone to turn and look. It was just a reaction because I haven't felt that sort of pain in a while.

I got some ice and we decided to splint it because it was swelling so bad. The assistant at the gym turns to get the medical box and WHAM! it's missing. She looks EVERYWHERE and finally realizes, ah, head coach took it with her. Why? Nobody has a clue.

So, with an ace bandage, scotch tape and a hunk of metal (not sure where it came from... -_^), we battlefield-splint my arm. Haha, and here's a pic, just for fun.

2hcztrd.jpg

I'm going to the doc tomorrow to get it checked out. It's still MEGA-swollen though, and I'm sure will be nice and pretty colors tomorrow.

What a night!

Ouch! Hope you and the L5 recover quickly and that its nothing too major.

Bad news... I broke a couple bones in my wrist. This means no gym for me for quite some time and possibly surgery. I'm getting too old for this! haha. just kidding. It does suck, though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back