This week I accomplished...2010 version

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

*grins*

I did the USAG Level 6 tumbling & double mini passes tonight. With KICKOUT and everything. That's...a LOT of backhandsprings.

Coaching SO keeps me in shape.

Man, you guys are so advanced I envy you! My only obvious improvement is that I am able to kick up into a straight handstand against a wall and hold it during conditioning. On the floor, I can do it but I come down relatively quickly :p. Did front handsprings on a block on the tramp onto a mat. Did fine first couple of times. After landing awkwardly on my left shoulder (resulting in a strained right neck muscle yesterday and today...maybe even tomorrow lol), I think I lost the guts to do it because after that, my body somehow refused to bend over so coach just had me jump into a HS and that was it. SIGH.

So its not an accomplishment, but I have surgery for my ACL slated for June 23, doc said I can do gymnastics until then(lightly of course, b/c I do have a slight menisci tear as well), and then he said within 6 months I should be able to start training again, so maybe the competition season won't be totally shot!!

Woo hoo! Just got home from the gym and had to get on here and post cause i'm so excited. I got my backhandspring on the wide high been set at the middle height. It has a cover pad on it that makes it like 6" instead of 4". And I also got my RO, BHS back tuck on floor.

Next meet...June 20th!

I officially have my front hip circle. Just need to make it prettier. I was a little concerned about trying it with grips but the dowel didn't get in the way at all. YAY!!

Kids start the summer schedule next week which means our class gets both gyms to ourselves. No sharing equipment. I love summer!!

Awesome job everyone! I have no concept of a FHC, I have only been spotted on it a few times, I need to be spotted more to get the feeling of it.
Did some more glide swings today, b/c I am pretty limited in what I can do, but I have come to the point where I can FEEL if I am gliding properly, b/c it is so much smoother when I go to bring my legs up to the bar for working my kip, almost easy since I have a tendency to muscle it more then use the momentum

Ivy,

Any chance you will be competing in the Empire Games this year?

Also, I posted on here a while ago about going to Camp Woodward at the end of August. Just wondering if anyone else has decided to go. I hope I'm not the only "old" person there. lol

Jenn

no camp woodward for me. my pooch got hit by a car on monday and there went my camp $ and then some. energize a happy, tail wagging puppy. her 1st tail bone above her pelvis is broken and her tail is paralyzed right now. they say 50/50 chance of regaining motion.

Ouch, that's rough, Katy. Best of luck to you and your dog!

In other news: yesterday I, for the first time since I injured my ankle back in August, did a punch front on floor. And it didn't even hurt!

So it looks like I'm finally ready to start gradually working my way back up on floor and vault.

Sorry about the pooch...stinks, i was hoping someone I was at least somewhat acquainted with was going to be there.

I would love to be able to do Empire State, but you have to be a NY resident, right? I guess last year the real gymnastics at least portion of the Empire State Games was canceled, but World Cup held a mock version of the same meet, and it was so much fun. It was guys and girls and the age groups were by decade. So I got to do it but now that it's back to regular Empire State, I think I'm out, being a Mass. resident.

Well I guess I'll give an update on where I stand a month before competition. I'm feeling much more confident on everything. I'm doing my fhs vault on 3 now instead of 2, I hardly fall in my beam routines (finally doing my backwalkovers on beam pretty consistently), feeling pretty good about bars (I finally have connected everything with good form) and on floor I'm finally doing fronttucks myself and just need to get a little more confidence on my rdo bhs backtucks on floor but my routine feels pretty good and smooth so I'm on the right track for nationals just as long as my coach and his wife stick around (thats a whole other story)

Katy, so sorry about the pup!!Hope he gets better soon, as much as a pain as it is to spend all that money, it's totally worth it!

So today I had an unofficial private lesson(no one but me showed up!), which if I wasn't injured, would have been even more awesome, but as it is, I had the opportunity to again have someone concentrate soley on what I was doing, and I now have the first half of my kip down really well! Still the strength and timing I need to work on, but that is to be expected. Its funny, b/c even my coach mentioned my progress on the kip is coming along a lot smoother and faster than my pullover lol

WoW, only one month before National's so I really need to get back to practice. I just got back from a week at the beach and now I am ready to get back in to the gym!!!

Glad to hear your feeling ready for Nationals kyliesmith1 :)

great practice last night. actually did my three floor routines with full tumbling! my bar routines are getting a little easier. i working so hard on my cast handstand. i really want this back and in my routine. i even stuck one of my beam routines!!
undate on my puppy: she's moving much faster and the swelling is going down. this morning we saw some tail movement - side to side - yay!!

great practice last night. actually did my three floor routines with full tumbling! my bar routines are getting a little easier. i working so hard on my cast handstand. i really want this back and in my routine. i even stuck one of my beam routines!!
undate on my puppy: she's moving much faster and the swelling is going down. this morning we saw some tail movement - side to side - yay!!

awesome! It's so nice when routines finally are possible without dying!

I had a great practice tonight, made my tuck Tsuk on vault with the hard landing. I have been doing them in the pit but have never tried them on the competition landing. I was very excited that I stood them up :)

The other events are going great too but I was most excited about vault, even when I competed in my younger days vault wasn't my best. I have never competed a Tsuk and I am hoping to compete it at Disney in a few weeks!!!

great job on the tsuk, they are so scary to me!! i'm working on my hurdle for my front hand spring right now. i'm stutter stepping right before i hit the board, which makes me hit the board back too far. sunda i raised the vault from 3 to 4!
we have an extra soft, strip of spring floor into the pit. i stood up my back full and a half onto a mat. first time i've done that in 17 years! but i have absolutely no interest of doing that on the real floor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back