This week I accomplished...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In the realm of "highly unexpected", I didn't know I could still do squat on kip cast layout flyaway without dying.

Woot.

Tonight I was at open gym at a club I didn't ever compete for, so I did not have access to their setup in the past. It's a vault that lands into a pit (my gym I competed for just has a resi pit). So, when I was on team I did tsuks with a spot, but never alone.

Tonight I flipped some, it was into a pit, but still very intimidating! There was no coach standing there because it was open gym, so it was just me. I did about 5. I was majorly excited and proud of myself. Soon I'll throw an 8 incher in there and see about landing them! And work pikes too. I am 27, so its cool that you can teach an old dog new tricks! Even when I was 25 all I had was a handspring vault, and now I have hand fulls, sometimes 1 1/2s, and working tsuks :)

I just got my arabian double front 1/2 out on floor.

It's not worth anything more than an arabian double (which I've been able to do for ages), but the landing is MUCH easier.

Good job Goofy and Giki. It's so funny listening to you guys with all the tricks you're throwing, and here I am dreaming about doing a pull over on my own and my front and back handsprings! But I am glad things are going well for you guys!

Nicci, trust me, each new skill learned is a rush, its really more about reaching new levels yourself than comparing the skills to the others! If I compare myself to the level 10s my stuff looks like a joke. It was just as exciting to learn my backhandspring as it is to learn straddle backs and tsuks! A new trick is a new trick, and working it and getting closer and closer is the fun part!

I understand perfectly how you feel Nicci. I sometimes feel silly getting excited over accomplishing a skill I've been working on and then looking over and see someone 1/2 my age do something twice as difficult so easily. But Gikigirl is right and I'm starting to realize that. Every little accomplishment is a big deal and really its just cool that we are still learning and progressing way past when most people think its impossible. Right now I'm working towards a backwalkover backhandspring on the balance. Its something I've never been able to do even when I was younger, so if I accomplish it it will be a huge deal for me.

I did a couple of psuedo balkwalkovers last night(not sure what they are called, a back kickover maybe? Starting from a bridge, then going over), and that was fun, it was as if my coach read my mind, b/c I was going to tell her I wanted to try a couple of back walkovers! And I actually didn't do too badly on them either, if I do say so myself, of course, I did have a little bit of a spot, but whatevs:rolleyes:. Oh,and I fell on my head working on BHS

I did a couple of psuedo balkwalkovers last night(not sure what they are called, a back kickover maybe? Starting from a bridge, then going over), and that was fun, it was as if my coach read my mind, b/c I was going to tell her I wanted to try a couple of back walkovers! And I actually didn't do too badly on them either, if I do say so myself, of course, I did have a little bit of a spot, but whatevs:rolleyes:. Oh,and I fell on my head working on BHS

Awesome! My kickover is something I have not been able to get back yet.

~Katy

Another thing I did yesterday at open gym was actually hold my side handstand on beam. It was probably only about 2 or 3 seconds, but after I did it once, I kept doing it to make sure it wasn't a fluke :D

UP the rope.

Now I feel better, knowing I can still do it, seeing as I make my students do it.

My accomplishment for this week is pushing my cold-weakened self through an hour and a half of training.

This is not really a gymnastics accomplishment but it feels like a huge accomplishment in gaining respect in the gym. The former Bolvarian olympic coach in our gym has started to take a slight interest in my training and is now giving me pointers and offering to spot me when he's not busy and I'm working out by myself. He gave me a conditioning exercise last night to help perfect my backwalkovers on beam. They were tough but maybe it will help me in the end. Its just nice to have someone else take me more seriously.

That's awesome Kylie! There is nothing wrong with a little extra help! Especially from someone extremely knowledgeable! Today I didn't get my pull over, BUT(Huge BUT there....) I got both my legs up to the bar everytime. Now I just gotta manage to get around alone! And I did some more front and back kick overs. Just have to remember on the front kick over to go up to a proper handstand first! Oh, and when I jumped from low bar to high bar, I not only caught it everytime, but I actually manged to swing too(my hands are now killing me!)

That's awesome! Good for you kylie! And good for you too nici! :D
I trained 3 hours today. A BIG improvement to the other day's frustrating hour and a half.

I did two cartwheels in a row on the medium big girl beam!!!! Well, I did more than that, but those two I stuck perfectly! I did the same in my private lesson today too, it seems to be that after I try 5 or 6, I can stick them lol!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back